Advantages and Disadvantages!

Dear members "expats & local",

Tell us what are the advantages and disadvantages of staying or living in Egypt?
What do you like or dislike about Egypt?

You can say any situation happened to you in Egypt and even to speak about any thing..... like example:

- People urinating in the streets
-Garbage all over.
-Taxi drivers.
-Flirts.
-Stray dogs & cats.
-Kindness of locals.
-Humorous of locals.. etc.........

Taking in mind that already most of the posts are concerning marriage problems, so we need to hear new issues please :D

Spread it in expat-blog as the main purpose is helping eachothers "expats & locals"

So, Lets start :)

Language

I was discussing this issue in a FB group the other day, so let me know your opinion...
If a foreigner is trying to talk arabic my personal experience is people are very much welcoming that. Some letters and words are a real challenge to pronounce but always people are telling me how cute my accent is. Some others experiences are totally different, they said people tend to talk english rather than arabic. And if you made a mistake they would laugh at you. How are you looking at foreigners trying to talk arabic?

The stray cats and dogs in my neighbourhood are really friendly, we used to feed them and the dogs are welcoming me while barking to strangers <3

But a real disadvantage is the traffic. As a pedestrian you are chased away by cars, no way to peacefully cross any street and I used to hold the hands of my kids so anxiously if it happens that we are walking by the street. I really hate that!

Concerning Language, from my point of view it is nice to hear it from a foreigner especially the accent & to help them in understanding it, add that some expats speaks the original arabic, not the egyptian arabic, so for me it is a challenge too to communicate with them as i dont practise the original arabic!

Stray cats & dogs, am a volunteer in E.S.M.A, so i totally love them.

Traffic, thats a hell of a challenge... we need here real laws and penalties that applies strictly.