MONTHLY SALARY FOR FILIPINO ENGLISH TEACHERS IN HANOI.

Hye guys I just need some information that how much can a filipino( with TESOL Diploma (cambridge English Language Assessment teacher) can make a month in Hanoi?

The average is $15-25 in HCMC, $20-30 in Hanoi

vietnamteachingjobs.com/?s=jobseeker&usertype=jobseeker&cat=&jobtype=0,FULL+TIME,PART+TIME&co

Long Mai, I think you might be confusing it with White fella English teachers salaries, I doubt very much a Filipino, or anyone who isn't white,  would be getting that sort of money , ( or they wouldn't be on here complaining bout it? ).

I agree cause I checked and they are offering 20-30 to native teachers. Unless there is a filipino teacher who has been teaching English for years and years and got a few proper certifications.  I want to kno2 average. I read somewhere its between 10-14 dollars. I hope I can get honest replies and not people overselling it. Cheers all.

Omar Salim wrote:

I agree cause I checked and they are offering 20-30 to native teachers. Unless there is a filipino teacher who has been teaching English for years and years and got a few proper certifications.  I want to kno2 average. I read somewhere its between 10-14 dollars. I hope I can get honest replies and not people overselling it. Cheers all.

I know of one, ( born in the US ),  who is actually 1/2 shares in an English Language school up here.

Salaries are in the $12-$18 / hr range, but keep in mind, most teaching jobs are on a contract, part - time basis, so its likely you won't be working a 40 hour work week, so your total earnings might not be as high as you'd expect

mikeymyke wrote:

Salaries are in the $12-$18 / hr range, but keep in mind, most teaching jobs are on a contract, part - time basis, so its likely you won't be working a 40 hour work week, so your total earnings might not be as high as you'd expect

Yes, more likely 20 plus hours. but you could always  " borrow  " a few students for private lessons?

Well I am not worried about myself. I am worried about hiring them . Do you guys think it would be a good idea to come to hanoi and find teachers?  I mean whats the best way? Is there a filipino community there or .?

Yes there is a Filippino community in Hanoi

I know cities outside of Hanoi who are willing to pay up to $1000 p/m for English teachers. Most people forget the smaller cities. they are desperate and are willing to pay for them too. Most expats only focus on the bigger cities but they forget that all over Vietnam there are other cities and towns with language centres and people desperate to learn. Have a look at various university websites they have English clubs and the students want to pay for proper English lessons with a speaker of english other than a vietnamese. Most people need help with spoken English and improve their listening skills. . They get all the written English from the vn teachers but they rarely get to hear and speak English.

Probably less than $1000 here in Halong city