New Employment Visa.

Hi,

I got job as IT support engineer in Muscat three months ago.I didn't receive my employment visa up to now.My employer said its difficult to get visa from Oman govt.Kindly let me know about the Employment visa processing time and Oman current situation.

Hello Abrar.ad,

You are not alone. There are many like you who have been promised jobs but are waiting for long for getting their employment visa issued. Reasons for this delay are many.

Oman has made the process of hiring expatriate workforce more stringent than ever before. Numerous rules and regulations have been put in place to create some sort of a balance in hiring expatriates against Omanis.

The focus is more on providing equal opportunities to the locals, even though they may not be exactly having the same levels of educational qualifications or past work experience as the expatriates.

So companies have been instructed to give more preferences on hiring Omanis rather than expatriates. Thats why issuing of employment visas for expatriates are taking time indefinitely.

Please read the numerous posts in the forum on the same subject for better clarity.

Good luck.

:)

i get new job in oman.for civil forman. i finished medical 1month before. but visa still not came.when will come visa?