How may the World Cup affect the work environmeny staff Vs employer

Do think it will have an impact?

i know a guy was once fired because of the world cup coz he chose to watch the matches rather than go to work.

so yeah, negative effect.

Not really from a work experience, but it was in the university. I remember skipping a final exam (Algorithms) to watch Argentina vs. Nigeria in World Cup '98 :)

On the other hand, this may improve the relation between employer and staff having them all involved in a shared social activity, I see it as a a motivation tool

your relationship with your direct manager effect how you act at your work,
simple as that

Latest study on the expected impact of the games on workplaces in the Middle East.

Some findings of the study are as follows:

During the World Cup tournament, half of all employees in the Middle East plan to stay up to watch late-night matches involving their favorite teams
After watching late night matches, one-third of all employees will go to work tired, one in ten will go to work late, and 3 percent will call in sick
Some employers fear that the combination of sleep shortages, absences, and late arrivals may cause a drop in their staff productivity during the games

thats the study done by gulftalent :)

Thats correct, but it was posted by GT by the way

Wow... really. NYers go out seven nights a week and stay up till the wee hours yet EVERYONE still manages to go to work bright and early in the morning - on time and productive!

It's a choice and those are just excuses.