Visa confusion

Hi all

We will be relocating from the uk to live in Bahrain come August , my husband will be working in saudi.

I'm very confused to what visas/cprs are needed ?
I believe my husband is ok to live in bahrain on a saudi working  visa or can get a CPR with a saudi working visa ?
I can stay in bahrain on a visiting visa for 6 months at a time or is it easier to apply for a CPR?
My daughter will be attending st christophers nursery - I'm really unsure on what visa/cpr is needed?

My husbands company in saudi will be sorting his saudi working visa out.

Thanks for any clarification .
Becky

Hi

The law is constantly changing with regards to your situation.  Your husband will be fine with his Iqama (Saudi residence).  If he just has a Business Visa things can be more complicated.

Really, your husband needs to speak to his employers to see if they will also give you Saudi residence as you can then also obtain CPR - otherwise it's a very difficult process now.

Your tourist visa will be for 3 months and it can then be extended for a further 3 months at Immigration.

The whole visa process is currently in a mess as they have changed everything again.  Once your husband finds out if  his company will also sponsor you, then you can get in touch with one of the Brokers here and they will have the uptodate position and advise you on the best way forward.

Tracy is correct, the visa situation is a nightmare. Your husband will need to get his Iqama and then apply for a paper CPR (although it is useless and doesn't help with anything here) You and your kids will then have to go to Saudi and get your Iqama's. On top of this, your husbands company will have to fill out about a hundred forms (slight exaggeration, but not by much!!) These forms are for you to take to Immigration in Bahrain (with an agent) to prove that your husbands company doesn't object to you living in Bahrain. Then you can get your CPR.

The rules do change very often so what we tell you now may not be valid tomorrow.

If you wish to stay on visit visa then you can, your child can go to school, you can get a lease & hire a car (on your UK licence) What you can't do is lease a car, open a bank account, get a contract mobile or contract internet. It's a pain not having a CPR but it may not be as bad as going through the whole process to get a CPR.