Any recommendations or advices concerning Hurghada?

Dear members :)

i will be coming to Hurghada from 13 June till 25 June! and it will be my second time to visit Hurghada, since my first time which was from 6 years.

I need recommendations about nice compounds or hotels to stay or even flats to rent as i dont care, but whats important is to understand what to do in Hurghada, activities or places to visit, markets, beaches....... and even if in Hurghada there is a place like Ras Mohamed which is in Sharm el Sheikh.

Meanwhile, be informed that when i was in Sharm, i used to saty in Novotel, then Ibrotel then InterContinental and lately Delta Sharm which i loved so much........ and i know there beaches and Soho square, neema bay etc... thats why i want to understand Hurghada much better this time!

waiting for the lovely helpful members :)

Hi don, there are alot of nice places in hurghada, there is mahmya island, which is an island 40 mnts by boat from hurghada, its a paradise!  and you can book it from hurghada marina in downtown,  which is also a very nice place to visit,bars, cafes, etc

Cobainz wrote:

Hi don, there are alot of nice places in hurghada, there is mahmya island, which is an island 40 mnts by boat from hurghada, its a paradise!  and you can book it from hurghada marina in downtown,  which is also a very nice place to visit,bars, cafes, etc

thanks a lot for the nice info :)

It depends what you're looking for...

South Hurghada : El Dahar
this is the most Egyptian area in Hurghada and while it doesn't have all the fancy restaurants and bars, it does have the souk (market) and downtown area (bazaars).

Central Hurghada : El Sakalla
This is the main strip of Hurghada, in the form of Sheraton Road.  At the southern end you have the new grand Mosque, the fish market, sakalla square, The New Marina (clean, pretty, good bars and restaurants), Sheraton Road itself (long street of shops, bars, restaurants), Sherry Street (another street of shops, but lots of interesting places).

North Hurghada : El Mamsha
This is the "poshest" part of Hurghada, with large hotels, a wide boulevard and some decent restaurants and bars.  Here is where you'll find the Hard Rock cafe, Little Buddha and all the other overpriced bars ;)  Easy to walk around here although not a lot of "local" feel.

Beyond to the North:
If you're staying in one of the large resorts down nears Senzo Mall in the Golden Five area you will have things to do around your hotel, but will not have any "feel" of Egypt at all.

There are many day trips available, sea and desert, check out a few here : www.a2zholidays.com (hope they allow this being posted as there are details of trips on that site).

To the South of Hurghada is El Gouna, a self-contained town that has up-market bars, restaurants, a gorgeous marina and lots of watersports etc.  More expensive but worth seeing.

Any dive school's website will detail the main dives available from Hurghada - there's lots to see.

PM me if you need any more information than this.