My iqama request was denied.

Hi, why's that when my dad applied me for having an iqama the officer didn't allow hopim. The officer told him that he can't apply me for an iqama because i'm already 17. But, it was stated and posted on iqama procedures that children of an ofw or a dependent person to his/her parents should be 18 and below. Why's that he won't allow me?

Because this is Saudi Arabia, where laws don't matter, not even to those who make and administer the laws.

All I can say is, apply again, every officer does things differently here, because as I said, laws don't matter.

One day your request can be denied by one pencil-pusher, the next day, it can be approved by another.

Good luck!

Hi,

You can never explain these things.....policies depend on the hour of the day and the mood of the person authorized.

I've now applied for my daughter (21 yrs) 4 times and refused on each occassion. I have letter from my company stating she is single and totally reliant on me. My last visit, I went up to the Gen manager who said it is the law but the asst manager downstairs can overide the decision. The asst manager did not even listen to my case and rudely told to leave.

My wife and younger daughter have been issued iqamas but cannot leave my elder daughter.

Any advice will be appreciated.

thanks.

live.ali wrote:

Hi,

You can never explain these things.....policies depend on the hour of the day and the mood of the person authorized.

Well, that's what my father's boss told him so. The company where my dad is working will try to apply it again. They said that if you know or if you're related to an officer the iqama request can be process quickly. But in my case they're not that quite sure because I'm already 17 and turning 18 by august. Anyways, thanks for your reply.

NazirYNWA wrote:

I've now applied for my daughter (21 yrs) 4 times and refused on each occassion. I have letter from my company stating she is single and totally reliant on me. My last visit, I went up to the Gen manager who said it is the law but the asst manager downstairs can overide the decision. The asst manager did not even listen to my case and rudely told to leave.

My wife and younger daughter have been issued iqamas but cannot leave my elder daughter.

thanks.

I think the reason why they refused your application is because your daughter is already 21. She's already over aged for a residence visa/ iqama w/c is she's dependent on you. I think, you could apply for a working visa, so you can get an iqama for your elder daughter.

Trapezius wrote:

Because this is Saudi Arabia, where laws don't matter, not even to those who make and administer the laws.

All I can say is, apply again, every officer does things differently here, because as I said, laws don't matter.

One day your request can be denied by one pencil-pusher, the next day, it can be approved by another.

Good luck!

Exactly! That's what my father told me. When I was 15 he applied me for a 1month visit visa. Then the officer refused his request but the PILOT (the head officer) talked to my dad and asked him if what's the concern. The PILOT was very kind to my dad. He fixed all my application papers and the next they stamped my visa. That's why. I came to KSA last 2012 to visit my mom and my newly born sister :)))) i think, applying for a visa is just a fortune. If it's for you, it will be. :)))

Venice d. wrote:
NazirYNWA wrote:

thanks.

I think the reason why they refused your application is because your daughter is already 21. She's already over aged for a residence visa/ iqama w/c is she's dependent on you. I think, you could apply for a working visa, so you can get an iqama for your elder daughter.

Yes I believe that is the reason for refusing my daughters residence visa. You advised to apply for a working visa. Does she not need a job offer in order to apply for this?