EP got rejected for 4800

Hi my EP for Singapore got rejected for 4800 SGD, Now they have put my case in to appeal, at the same time , I'm getting few offers , also .

I asked the comapany not to appeal the EP , becasue it takes time, but they submitted that.

Could any one please explain me why my EP got rejected, and can I ask the comany to withdraw the EP?
Normally how much time taken to give a decision about the EP?

- It is impossible, from the very limited information you gave, to deduce the reason for your rejection. Salary is only one of the criteria!
- The company must cancel any EP application once you declare that you will not take up the offered job. Thus you should terminate the employment contract you signed and ask them to then cancel the application.
- EP applications take anywhere between a few days and two months, depending on the necessary background checks and how your home country authorities/schools cooperate.

Hi Beppi, thanks for the reply.

I have 9+ years of experience , and hold a honours BSc degree. The University I got the degree from , is available to select at MOM SAT tool, and I know lot of freinds who are  working in Singapore , with the same degree . So I think university should'nt be a reason for the rejection.Does MOM caculate the number years of experience  after the degree ?

The job is a permanat one. and the comapny is a medium scale company . The company HQ is at a foreign country.

The worse , part is neither agency , nor the comapny who appied the EP , does not give me information why the EP got rejected.

MOM site has mentioned normally MOM provides the reason for the rejection, but when I asked from the agency or
company , they say , MOM does not provide ,the reason .

Some of my freinds in Singapore told , me that for a 9+ year experience, maybe the 4800 , is not suffisient, but I'm not sure whether it is true, becasue MOM SAT shows I'm eligible for the criteria I have selected.

As per the MOM site, EP appeal take at least three weeks or more to give a result back , On average how much time it takes to give the result for an appeal ?

MoM does not normally give the reason for rejection, but sometimes it is possible to find out more during a personal appointment with them, which your company can ask for.
Your friends are right that too low salary is the most probable reason for rejection in your case - with a recognised university degree and nearly 10 years applicable experience, you should be earning S$7000-9000/month and MoM does not like foreigners to spoil the market and depress wages. Apart from that, I hope you are single, because S$4800/month is hardly enough for a family to survive.
There are also various other possible reasons for rejection, which I cannot assess from the limited information you gave. I assume your company can hire foreigners, has space for you in the quota and has shown that they have tried and failed to find a suitably skilled local first? Is your profession in a field with a lack of manpower in Singapore?
An appeal can take between a few days and a month to process. If it does not include any changes in particulars (e.g. salary) or additional information that was not submitted before, it will  be rejected again - just asking "Please look at it again!" does not work with MoM.

By the way: I hope this "agency" did not charge you for their service, because that is illegal (i.e. in that case you have been cheated) - by law, all headhunting costs in Singapore have to be paid by the employer, not the applicant.

Thanks Beppi for the information.

As I know the company does not has S pass visa to hire me , thats why they went for an EP.
My job field is  Information Technology. But as I know , lot of candiates applying for IT related jobs get their
EP pass these days.

If they have not done any changes to the Appeal , will the appeal get rejected soon?

Yes, most likely.

IF you paid the agent for their services, the arrangement is as follows (and fairly common):
The "employer" is a partner of the agent and never had the intention to hire you. They submitted an EP application (and appeal) that has no chance of approval, so they can still charge you the fee saying "This was unexpected and out of our control."

Hi Beppi,

The agent didnt charage from me. This is a premanant position, and I think they are charging from the client, after I got hired.Since this is a premanat position , the client has applied for the appeal.

Hi Beppi,

Can I check the status of the EP appeal ?

You can log into the EP-Online system to check the status. You need your FIN-number to log in, which your employer has.

You mean my FIN number of the appeal or EP application?

FIN = Foreigner Identification Number
It's the number you get from the Singapore authorities and it will stay with you for life (or until you become Singapore citizen and an NRIC is issued instead).

Hi Beppi,

I check the status on the EP online, but it shows information about my rejected EP. No information about the appeal.

As per the MOM site, it is mention that the employer or 3 rd party can make the appeal.
Is it true only they can check the status of the appeal.

"Who can appeal?

Only the employer or his appointed agent who had submitted the application can make enquiries or appeal. We will not entertain enquiries or appeals from the candidate, or any other third party."

The status, including appeals, is shown on EP Online. Sometimes it takes a few days for any changes to appear there (and human error is also possible).

Hi,

The comany just responded to me , my EP appeal is not positive. So the job agency is going to apply the EP
for the same salary. Will that also get failed.

The agency cannot apply for your EP, only the company employing you can.
If the reason for rejection is too low salary (which is most likely), no amount to re-applications and appeals will help.

Thanks Beppi, if there is an ongoing appeal, is it possible for an another company to submit the EP. What do I need to do to cancel the appeal.?

It is not possible to submit another application while the old one is in process.
You should terminate your employment contract with the old company. They must then cancel the EP application. After that a new employer can make another application.

Thanks Beppi, is this same for EP appeal also.

As you say , system it self does not allow to submit the new EP application. am I correct ?

Yes.