Tips for Moving to Kuwait

Hi,

I have recieved a job offer for the Kuwait National English School, and I was wondering if anyone knows anything about it. Also if anyone has any tips for a single woman moving to Kuwait.

Hello Lin, welcome to Expat.com Kuwait forum and Congra on Job offer yes new Academic year is starting from September and Schools start hiring teachers, Being a teacher in Kuwait is Satisfactory and single women can have decent experience in Kuwait both professionally and socially.

Hi Linda, Welcome to this blog.
What exactly that you are most concerned about living in Kuwait?
Kuwait is a liberal country sort to speak, nothing really scary living there, you could simply have your life as usual.
Weather conditions Summer time usually unbearable, but being a Teacher, very likely you will be away during summer holiday.
Alcohol is not allowed, but can be still found hush-hush
There are no bars or clubs in Kuwait, yet parties and social gatherings always done in private.
Being a British citizen, you can always go to the embassy and enjoy a social gathering twice a week
Let me know what else you need to know to assist you

Kuwait is a lovely place to be but if you love nightlife it might not be a kinda place you're gonna be able to explore nightlife like the western world.