Things you should not do in Mauritius ?.

Hi everyone/bonjour Maurice,

i would like to know if there are things i should not do in order to avoid trouble or complex situations. For example, i notice you dont walk alone at night because of the lack of security. You always kiss a women on the cheek to say hi whereas in other countries you simply shake hand. I recently came back and i love my country, there are many things i discovering. I would like to know everyone thoughts on the subject. Also is there is any nice club/bars to hang out at night with friends/family?.

Thank You and have a good day :)

Hi

Try Domaine Ana in Flic en Flic excellent place to hang out with family and friends on weekends . Good live music and excellent food. Value for money. You will have to make reservations in advance.

Have fun
Cheers
Terence

Thank you terence

k3n wrote:

Hi everyone/bonjour Maurice,

. You always kiss a women on the cheek to say hi whereas in other countries you simply shake hand. I recently came back and i love my country, .

Thank You and have a good day :)

Guess you've not been to Europe , especially the Latin/Med countries  :lol:

Hey pal, kissing on the cheek aint new though. I think we do that with close friends and relative or whoever it goes for.
:cool:

hi i think i did not explain it properly. Each country has their own social & cultural dynamics. I.e depending on the country you have a certain way of doing things. I experienced different cultures and everyone is different just wanted to know if anyone has some advise to give me in order to adjust myself to the mauritian way of life. So far i did not have any really bad experience since i came back.

Thank you for replying & have a good day

Mauritius is not a perfect country and a bit expensive , but if you learn to adjust yourself to a few short comings accept the diversified culture. Mauritians are very nice people to live with and Mauritius  is the best country in the world to live.

Kenzi Bar in Flic en Flac is a nice little place, there is also some kind of club in the Cascavelle Shopping Mall (behind the food court) but not really my style.