Moving to Kiev

Hi I'm Ryan. I'm considering moving to Kiev for a job opportunity and am wondering what it is like for an American living in Kiev? I visited Kiev in the summer of 2011 and enjoyed the city very much. But I have no idea what it would be like living there long term. I'm from Michigan so I believe the climate would be very similar? So Americans living in Kiev:

1.) Do you like the city?
2.) What is the hardest thing to adjust to?
3.) How is the food? From what I remember I thought it was pretty bland- I really missed spicy food by the end of my trip- (3months)
4.) How is the housing situation. Can I get a decent apartment in the $500-$700 range?
5.) What do you do for fun in Kiev?
6.) What do you miss most about America?
7.) What is your favorite thing about Kiev that is unique to the city?

Hi Ryan,

In order to give more visibility to your questions, i created a new thread with your post on the Kiev forum. :)

Thank you,

Priscilla  :cheers:

Hi Hammmerhat;

You said Chics.Well,I am seeking an answers to clarify all confusion in this matter.
Hope you will understand & give me hands-on insider information about the realities there.
1) Do the chics want friendship or later some money out of you.
2) Some Russians say Ukrainian girls are after money.
3) On the internet,websites always sends you mails from Ukrainian beauties,but in reality it is said some Imposter  African is taking you for a ride .
4) These sites are actually fake & they make money from translations.
5) Are there Genuine,Serious sites or agencies where one can find real dates.
If not on the forum, you can email me at:
[email protected]

Prashantk