Want to move to Singapore!

Hi,

I am currently in India and would like to move to Singapore. I work in the IT sector and have about 8.5 years of experience. Would appreciate any information related to job opportunities in the IT sector, where to search for jobs etc.

Thanks
Kartik

You should look at online job boards like jobsdb and jobstreet, but even better are connections - do you know anybody in your industry in Singapore? (If not, try Linkedin or similar.)
And, if you are serious, you should schedule an extended trip to Singapore (at least a month) and mention that in your applications - applicants who are abroad very rarely get interviews, so you need to be in the country to have a chance!

Thanks Beppi for your response. In case I do plan to come on an extended trip to Singapore, what kind of accommodations can I get in Singapore other than a hotel accommodation? Is it possible to rent out a place for a month in Singapore where I can stay and look out for interviews there?

Due to the shortage of space, it is not allowed to rent out residential property for periods under 6 months and to people not having a residence permit.
With a tourist visa (SVP), you are limited to hotels, hostels and serviced apartments (which start at S$60-80/night) - or staying with friends for free.

Good luck!! :)