It's nice to meet you.

I just joined this site.  As a retired Cultural Consultant, English Teacher, and Writer, I have been looking for the ideal location in which to retire.  Well, perhaps Ukraine is that place.  I live in Florida, U.S.A., so the weather there has a certain appeal...I love the cold.  Frankly, I'm a little weak on the cost of living, health insurance, and just about everything else; but, perhaps some of you will be kind enough to assist me.  Of course, if I can be of any help to you, it would be my pleasure.  Nice to meet you.

Welcome on Expat-blog igotu2Brantley88!
I hope another members will be able to help you.

Good luck!

Thank you for your kind welcome, Christine.  I hope you get the chance to go to Australia; I'm sure you would enjoy it there. I hope you, and your family, stay healthy and find many reasons to smile.

Thanks again.

That would be a good move. I am originally from Ukraine and miss my country so much. Can't wait to retire and go back :)))))).
If planning to move to Ukraine as a teacher. I would recommend to contact Universities and ask if they have positions for English teachers.  Of course if you are willing to part time work or do consulting. There is a big demand for them especially in private ones. They may provide housing and cover insurance. I have seen some visiting in my former school. Go for bigger city. Meanwile you may look around. email me if more questions.

Hello, pav_kov;

Thank you for the information.  I have been doing a ton of research on this and am leaning very heavily towards opening a flag ship English School in Kharkov perhaps.  The cost of doing business in Kiev is a little high for new ventures, but placing the second or third school there would be ideal.  How do you feel about this?  Any suggestions, ideas, thoughts, or comments would be welcome.  Thanks again for taking the time to respond to my post.

I am looking for those interested in bicycling around Ukraine next summer and maybe a sailing trip down the Dneper to Odessa. Email me and we can put it together.
Fortune rewards the bold !!!
Best regards,
Lahr
[email protected]