What is the procedure to bringing a company to vietnam

Helllo guys,
I own a company in lebanon can i do business in vietnam using my company name ? How do i deal with this ?

What do you mean by 'bringing a company'?
Did you mean 'representative office' or 'branch'?
Check below link. May be this will guide you.
http://www.vietrade.gov.vn/en/index.php … Itemid=190

Just check some companies to hire them to do it for you. It can be complicated to do those works in the real life.

I mean office, can i trade with my company export out of the country using my company?

I will look into it more when i get to Vietnam in 3weeks. 21 days and counting😄😄😄

Aus/leb wrote:

I mean office, can i trade with my company export out of the country using my company?

My answer is no. Expat can't open exporting/importing companies in Vietnam. Maybe you have to use your wife's name. But if you want to do business like middleman, you can ask the company you make deal with to ship products for you.

Using my wifes name would be the easiest way if i were to export through my company. Im planing to go for small suppliers,local farmers/manufacturers not sure yet will see how we go.

Of course you can, if you register and obtain all documents needed. I suggest you approach a law firm which doing these kind of paper works.

Aus/leb wrote:

http://www.mayerbrown.com/publications/ … n-Vietnam/

Pony up for a consultation at a law firm. Local laws related to business change on a weekly basis (not exaggerating at all), so any advice you get here should be taken with a bucket of salt.

Aus/leb wrote:

Using my wifes name would be the easiest way if i were to export through my company. Im planing to go for small suppliers,local farmers/manufacturers not sure yet will see how we go.

If so it is more convenient. If you want to deal to rice business, you can contact me cos I have a list of rice suppliers-big and small suppliers. It seems I have a list of pepper suppliers too.

yttocs wrote:

http://www.mayerbrown.com/publications/Guide-to-Doing-Business-in-Vietnam/

Thanks for the link. I read it. I used to ask some lawyers for open import/export Co but they said it is possible. I just check the rule and I understand why it is like that. Although government said it is possible but there are many conditions for an expat to open an importing-exporting company. If he has a wife here, it is more simple. Just 25$ to open a company. Isn't it better?

Aus/leb wrote:

What are you hoping to import, Have you had a look in some shops here that sell agricultural equipment and supplies, especially rural, ( where I live ), you will be very hard pressed to undercut the price, and availability of a Chinese ' product ', the shops are chocker block fill of their crap.

Thanks for the tips, appreciate it im looking mor to export  goods globally list of suppliers/manufacturers will be essential to what im hopeing to achieve. Thanks again 😊😊

Aus/leb wrote:

Thanks for the tips, appreciate it im looking mor to export  goods globally list of suppliers/manufacturers will be essential to what im hopeing to achieve. Thanks again 😊😊

Yo would be better off going directly to China, here are some facts, back in the 1960's, Japan started copying US and European, etc, products, they were ok, then Taiwan/China decided to copy Japan's effort,, not so good, no quality control, then VN , etc ,decided to copy these poor quality products, the result is even worse. Even many VN's don't like buying anything made in VN, I often have shop owners telling me not to buy VN products.

You have a good point , correct me if im wrong doesnt cashew nuts,rice,ginger,fish,apparrell and footwear all have high demand in the global  market.
It  will all depend on what the buyer wants.
Im thinking middle man /agent type of business. What do you think ? Do i have a chance of success. My main priority is having the right  connections.

Aus/leb wrote:

You have a good point , correct me if im wrong doesnt cashew nuts,rice,ginger,fish,apparrell and footwear all have high demand in the global  market.
It  will all depend on what the buyer wants.
Im thinking middle man /agent type of business. What do you think ? Do i have a chance of success. My main priority is having the right  connections.

Good luck buying these, unless you are a VN, the Chinese regularly go around farms/Communes/Factories buying all sorts of agricultural, etc, products, they can actually influence what crops the farmers will grow the following seasons, and sometimes they have made the farmers grow a crop, that the Chinese then turned around later, and say they don't want it now, so then what happens, the farmer loses a lot of money, ( but the sneaky Chinese probably get some one else to buy it for them, at a much lower cost??? )
  Many shoe factories, etc,  here are owned/operated by Ukrainians, etc, good luck dealing with them.
I'm not trying to shoot down your dreams and aspirations, but telling you about reality here.

I completely understand what you mean. Im not going to buy there product all im going to do is organise buyers for there product .  Just take care of the export and packaging especially quality control that will be part of my contracts.There wont be any convincing involved, its a win, for everyone il just be a source for bothe ends.
If that doesnt work it will still be worth it. Excited to just be there. Beautifule place