What mums do in Riyadh?

Hi everyone!
I've been reading the forum while still waiting for our visas to be sorted out. We're in England at the moment, and hopefully at least my husband will be in Riyadh in September.
I've been a full-time mum since my first boy was born so I was wondering what's a full-time mum life there like? I mean, in England we take children to playgroups, parks, etc. What's to do there when we're not doing housework? :) If there are any other mums out there, I'd love to hear from you, please!
My older boy will be going to school as he's nearly five, but my younger will be only 2 when I get there. I heard that there are activities listed in the compounds, but we don't know where we are going to live yet.
Thank you all once again for such a good forum!
Dali

You have to engage the Flying Eagles for this one, papajerimun... Good luck and see you all soon in sunny Riyadh.

musicman wrote:

You have to engage the Flying Eagles for this one.

Thank you Musicman, but... Who are the Flying Eagles??? :) Did I miss something?

Oh God, you do not know who the Eagles on the forum are?
Yikes.....
You better beef up your activity or else you will be left behind with the hens....

Sounds like an exclusive club. Hmmm.

Yep, the Eagle-VP is Aliie.... try sending her a PM, please

Can I Alliecat? :)
I always have fun reading some posts, but I didn't know that's how they are known... I'm slowly getting to know the forum. I'm sure when I get there I'll be more participative in the forum. At the moment, I'm just an outsider trying to learn :)
Thanks thanks!

Alls quiet on the Allie front. I smell something brewing... a nd its certainly not Java

Hello Eagles... I've learnt everything but haven't got an answer to my post... Can I ask again? :) I'm still trying to figure out what mums do in Riyadh! See first message in the post, please?
Thank you all for keeping me very well informed about life there meantime.
Cheers, Dali

Wow.. you were talking about me!!  I'm sorry--never read this thread cause I'm not a Mum in Riyadh so didn't think I'd have anything to add!!

As for the 'flying eagles,'  thanks for the name, mm.. really sounds cool :lol:

papajerimun, he's just referring to a party the girls had.  Check out the thread titled:  GIRL PARTY!  (and settle back for a night's reading lol)

Hi Alliecat! Thanks!!! I did my homework :) Read the thread. I was so disappointed when I realised the photo is no longer available! Thre thread got me really lol-ing!
Dali

mums just gotta cook, clean the house, get the kids ready, etc here... believe me, i m correct

But aside from that, compound moms often organize themselves into clubs of a sort; organizing events, going on joint shopping or lunch trips, having a book club or regularly coffee clatch.

Depending on the compound you're on, there are going to be different options for you.  There will be something to do, besides domestic chores.

I was so disappointed when I realised the photo is no longer available!

No longer available??  Well I can fix that right up! :)

http://farm5.static.flickr.com/4077/4773102317_b4ebee6dd9_m.jpg

I think Moms first priority is to see Dad smiling 365X24X7

Hmmmm... Alliecat, the photo shows "flickr, this photo is currently unavailable". Hiding from me??? :)
Shahab, thanks, but I really know what my chores are already :P Been doing for a while now. What I meant was when we have those rare moments of leisure, you see? :rolleyes:
Thanks MisterStretch, I like your answer :)
MusicMan, tsk, tsk... Don't I know that already?
"What's a husband? A person who very kindly helps you to sort out problems you wouldn't have if you were single!"

What's a husband? A person who very kindly helps you to sort out problems you wouldn't have if you were single!"

LOVE that definition!!!!!  I might be single now but I was married for many years and have to definitely agree :lol:

I think thats a very very Catch-22 statement....

Back home we have a saying in Tamil that hen translated says, "when you see a stone the dogs missing, when the dog appears the stones missing..."

musicman wrote:

Really?  And you think, in this day and age, that this priority still holds true?

I do hope you are joking.

papajerimun wrote:

Shahab, thanks, but I really know what my chores are already :P Been doing for a while now. What I meant was when we have those rare moments of leisure, you see? :rolleyes:

leisure? no use

MisterStretch wrote:
musicman wrote:

Really?  And you think, in this day and age, that this priority still holds true?

I do hope you are joking.

Well do you think that Mom should want to see Dads grumbling all the time, instead? Whats the harm in having the intent?

musicman wrote:

Well do you think that Mom should want to see Dads grumbling all the time, instead? Whats the harm in having the intent?

Agreed... I'm the grumpy one in the house anyway. I'm outnumbered by 3 boys (hubby is just the tallest), so they know not to mess with the lady. Feeling is mutual, and I'd be of no use as a "home-maker" (have no idea why they've changed the name - stil prefer housewife) if I didn't try to keep everything running smoothly. I still need my "time out" though. So, if leisure is out of question, may I go to gym instead? Is there a creche in main gyms???

Alliecat, I've been single, then married, then single, then I met my better half and we've been happy and married... I'd say there are goods and bads of each situation. Most important is being happy with yourself. Cliche, but true!

its good to see the ;ladies acknowledge that the other half is the "better" one... ty papajerimun for being honest