Recommend door to door shipper for motor bike from Saigon to Da Nang.

Greetings,

I am recovering from foot surgery, bought a rebel usa 170cc bike in Saigon. Need to ship to Da Nang, looking for a business that can pick up and deliever door to door.

I've seen a few m/b's lying inside the underneath luggage compartments on some buses, ( I hope they drain the fuel tank first ). Good luck with that idea.
So now you will be a Rebel Usa ( user ),  they will not only see you coming , but also hear you from afar.

bluenz wrote:

I've seen a few m/b's lying inside the underneath luggage compartments on some buses, ( I hope they drain the fuel tank first ). Good luck with that idea.
So now you will be a Rebel Usa ( user ),  they will not only see you coming , but also hear you from afar.

I agree on that. And that possible is the way

ancientpathos wrote:

Greetings,

I am recovering from foot surgery, bought a rebel usa 170cc bike in Saigon. Need to ship to Da Nang, looking for a business that can pick up and deliever door to door.

You can ask seller to  drive  your bike to The East station. Address: https://goo.gl/maps/yYiFe
You know Phuong Trang Bus?http://petrotimes.vn/stores/news_dataimages/trinhdohung/032013/01/14/Hnh_2_BX.jpg

They will wrap the motorbike carefully before ship the Rebel to Da Nang.

Normally seller has to pay for shipping.

Dejavu.dot wrote:
ancientpathos wrote:

Greetings,

You can ask seller to  drive  your bike to The East station. Address: https://goo.gl/maps/yYiFe
You know Phuong Trang Bus?http://petrotimes.vn/stores/news_dataim … h_2_BX.jpg

They will wrap the motorbike carefully before ship the Rebel to Da Nang.

Normally seller has to pay for shipping.

It would have been so much easier to just buy one in Da Nang ??????  ( or Quang Ngai, and not pay a yearly registration fee ).

@Bluenz

I guess he bought a second hand motorbike cos Rebel USA 170cc stopped imported 2-3 years ago. I guess his bike is water cool. " Second hand" does not mean that it is old. Some ODO are under 5000km. (I did not mean any cheating here to change the ODO). It can be upgraded to 300cc without having driving A2

What one year fee did you mention?.

Dejavu.dot wrote:

@Bluenz

I guess he bought a second hand motorbike cos Rebel USA 170cc stopped imported 2-3 years ago. I guess his bike is water cool. " Second hand" does not mean that it is old. Some ODO are under 5000km. (I did not mean any cheating here to change the ODO). It can be upgraded to 300cc without having driving A2

My friend sold one some months ago at 47m for a western guy. The bike was very new. He took it with his truck. We made an contract which said that the price was 10m only to avoid any tax for buyer when he registers for a new number plate.

Thanks for the info, always was a little curious about why anyone would want one of these big heavy, noisy things, with no more power than a 125, apart from showmanship?? ( I know of another bike from Nha Trang , with a 350cc transplanted into it , but he uses it for his business ).
I wish I could swap my Future engine for  a larger one, without attracting too much attention,  ( be good for when I get permission to tow my trailer ) a bike with a clutch isn't suitable for me, as I often carrying things VN style, ( one hand on the handle bars and the other holding whatever is it is I'm carrying.), for 15 kms.
  I still see a lot of these ' new ' Rebels in show rooms, mustn't have sold well?

bluenz wrote:
Dejavu.dot wrote:

@Bluenz

My friend sold one some months ago at 47m for a western guy. The bike was very new. He took it with his truck. We made an contract which said that the price was 10m only to avoid any tax for buyer when he registers for a new number plate.

Thanks for the info, always was a little curious about why anyone would want one of these big heavy, noisy things, with no more power than a 125, apart from showmanship?? ( I know of another bike from Nha Trang , with a 350cc transplanted into it , but he uses it for his business ).
I wish I could swap my Future engine for  a larger one, without attracting too much attention,  ( be good for when I get permission to tow my trailer ) a bike with a clutch isn't suitable for me, as I often carrying things VN style, ( one hand on the handle bars and the other holding whatever is it is I'm carrying.), for 15 kms.
  I still see a lot of these ' new ' Rebels in show rooms, mustn't have sold well?

A friend in Da Nang told me this week his car and m/b reg are due soon?, I know they were trying to bring in annual reg fees, ( they have for cars ). but thought it was only a city thing , ( at the moment ).

@Bluenz

If you usually carry sth, I guess this is suitable for you..About some hundreds only.

http://www.bits4motorbikes.co.uk/images/PartAccessoriesImages/Luggage/Abs-top-box.jpg

No matter what how many brands telling that they are selling those bikes, there are just 2 real companies: Hong Da and Motorrock but they have the same source to take products. I guess so cos they don't have any difference between their products. If someone does not have this bike, the other does not have either but Motorrock focuses on motor while Hong Da looks so normal with various options from Future, Airblade, even secondhand bikes.  The newest version you can see in the stores is absolutely different from showrooms which locates in China. I guess they just change some parts to cheat the buyers.

The supplier for those companies used to import a lot of parts of rebel USA and regal raptor in 2009 and that is why there is no new versions of those bikes until now. Actually I hate the way that they lie people that those bikes are from USA or Europe and assemble in Malaysia. I don't know if the buyers believe or not but those usually told me that it is from USA and even many Vietnam who contacted my friend for buying the bike asked me the same question! This assembled in Vietnam for sure. Seems our Vietnamese believe Chinese products are not good but  their bikes are good to drive. If you check taobao.com, you will feel amazed for their various products.

bluenz wrote:

A friend in Da Nang told me this week his car and m/b reg are due soon?, I know they were trying to bring in annual reg fees, ( they have for cars ). but thought it was only a city thing , ( at the moment ).

m/b reg? I guess it is insurance?

Dejavu.dot wrote:
bluenz wrote:

m/b reg? I guess it is insurance?

Whats that?, ah, that thing you can buy for about 50,000 from most petrol shops?
  No, for a car it's in the mils for annual reg, motorbikes go by size of engine, I'll try and find the website it was on.
  I wondered how they could possibly enforce it???
Whats that little plastic box going to carry ?, I often carry 3 metre lengths of steel, etc, I have a steel box , 500mm x 600 mm x 400 mm, with a removable steel cage cage attached, ( for my dog ), I sit the steel, etc, on the top of this cage, usually if it is tied on ok,, ( and balanced ), I don't have to hold it. Should see the looks I get , even from VNs. I've had pumps, a 4m, heavy steel extension ladder etc, all sitting up there.

Off topic, but I am the OP. The Rebel USA, most parts are from China and the bike is assembled in Vietnam. Motorrock will tell you it is a vietnam made bike. Guess that depends on your definition of manufacture, but it is fun to ride.