Going to Bahrain, do I need an entry-exit visa?

expat rhyan wrote:

Greetings !

I am a Filipino currently situated in Dammam, KSA.  I have plans going to Bahrain as a tourist for a day.  My friends told me I need to get a visa before I can enter Bahrain.  I have my passport and iqama with me.  Can you please tell me how can I visit Bahrain for a day? And how much will it cost me?  Will it affect my current job here in KSA.  I just want to visit Bahrain for a day and then go back to KSA because I have a job here in KSA.

Depends on your profession in iqama, if labor then they might reject entry and you might need a visa before hand. If not then get exit reentry , drive through King Fahad causeway, reach check point, pay for visa and enter Bahrain. As I remember it will cost you 20 BD for visa and similar amount for insurance, if you are traveling in your own car. It will not affect your job or anything since you are traveling on weekend and already your company has given you exit reentry.

I have just landed in Dammam, ksa. I have a single entry computer technician visa. I dont have an iqama but my passport is with me. My brother lives in Bahrain and i have been to Bahrain once from Pakistan on visit visa. Can i go to Bahrain (for 2-3 days) and can come back to Dammam if my brother sponsor me again without any authorization or letter from my employer?

If yes, i will go to Bahrain in the cab? how much a cab will charge?

If no, what kind of authorization would i have to take from my employer to visit Bahrain alteast once in a month?

Thanks

You are in jammed situation. Until your iqama arrives and you don't get a exit re-entry visa, you can't go outside KSA.

TheLegendLeads wrote:

You are in jammed situation. Until your iqama arrives and you don't get a exit re-entry visa, you can't go outside KSA.

Thanks for your quick reply.

hi, i've query here. i'm plan to visit bahrain but when i check my passport, the validity was less than 6 month. i already have the multiple visa. can i still visit bahrain or i need to renew my passport first?

I'm here in Jeddah I have a plan to exit and going directly to Oman.
Is this possible? and what requirement should I prepare?
Please I need your Guide.
Thank you

expat rhyan, yes you can go to bahrain. but you need exit re-entry. you will have to get it from your company. if you need any further information, please do let me know. check your inbox too.

My company is in red. Can i get the multiple exit reentry on my iqama?

I believe the answer is NO. Once company goes in to the red no more visa's are issued until they get back in to the green. Speak to your HR office to confirm

Having said that, according to the immigration website, if you are resident in Saudi Arabia, you can get a visa at the border. I'm not sure if they check every single company name when someone enters into Bahrain (I personally don't think so). If you are in Khobar, just drive to the causeway and see what happens.

Good point Brightonguy.

I was more concerned that mudassarkazi wouldn't get back in to Saudi if they checked at customs on his return (but then again, is that a bad thing??)

:) Absolutely not :) I met someone the other day, an expat lady, who enjoys living in Saudi Arabia (OK, she is in Aramco compound, but again...)

I have a Saudi iqama. Once i exit from Saudi i can enter in Bahrain. I can arrange Bahrain visa. But after my exit from Bahrain to saudi, i would be needed a re-entry visa. For that I am not sure if i will get it while my company is in Red category.

Do you have a multi-entry/exit visa?

brightonguy wrote:

Do you have a multi-entry/exit visa?

No. That is what i m asking. Can i get that exit-re/entry? My company is in red zone.

As Jo said before, exit probably but enter I'm not sure. Best to check with HR.

brightonguy wrote:

As Jo said before, exit probably but enter I'm not sure. Best to check with HR.

Ok. Thanks anyways

I know you can get out of Saudi but you won't get back in.

You can't get a multi entry/exit visa while your company is on red.

Your working visa will not be renewed when it expires if the company are on red.

Your company need to sort their act out and sort this.

As you know, they need to employ more Saudi's. OR employ one disabled Saudi which more than doubles your expat visa allowance.

If I was you, I would not risk traveling out of Saudi while your company is in the Red. You could end up not being allowed back in and lose your job and your salary.

I would assume you need a multi entry exit visa as well as your Iqama?  Otherwise, why would our husbands have the pain of having to renew those multi entry exits every 6 months?

Without it, I assumed you cannot leave or re-enter but I stand to be corrected.

Thank you guys

mudassarkazi wrote:

Thank you guys

I am in khobar and planning to go bahrain next week. I have exit re-entry visa. Could anyone please guide where can i take the bus to Bahrain? How much will be the ticket? and how much weight in luggage i can carry with me?

Thanks

mudassarkazi wrote:
mudassarkazi wrote:

Thank you guys

I am in khobar and planning to go bahrain next week. I have exit re-entry visa. Could anyone please guide where can i take the bus to Bahrain? How much will be the ticket? and how much weight in luggage i can carry with me?

Thanks

Bus???? REALLY??? That sunshine is never going to happen. You are either going to have to get a lift of someone or get a taxi which is about BD30

Good taxi is 0501299811 or 0590299811

You can take a bus to Bahrain. If I am not wrong, I think it's about 6BD to get here. The bus is comfortable, however the journey could take a bit longer due to processing the visa for everyone in the bus.

A couple of my friends do it all the time. Sometimes they love it, sometimes they hate it. It all depends on the time the journey takes.

Thank. That is amazing advice.  Can you post the bus details please

The Saudi-Bahraini Transport Company (SABTCO), tel. +973-17252959, runs eight buses daily from the SAPTCO bus station in Dammam via Khobar in Saudi Arabia, across the King Fahd Causeway, to the bus terminal next to the Lulu Centre in central Manama.

The service uses comfortable aircon minibuses with a trailer for luggage. Tickets cost SR60/BD6 and can be purchased in advance, although they'll squeeze you in without a reservation if there is space.

As crossing the Causeway involves two passport checks and two customs checks, figure on 2 hours for the trip, plus any traffic delays at busy times like Thursday evenings. At congested times, buses may actually be slightly faster than private cars, as they can use separate lanes at immigration and customs.

As of July 2013, the schedule for SABTCO is as follows:

From Dammam     From Khobar         From Manama
07:15     08:00         07:00
10:00     10:45         09:00
12:00     12:45         11:00
14:00     14:45         13:00
16:00     16:45         15:00
18:00     18:45         17:00
20:00     20:45         19:00
22:00     22:45         21:00

That is amazing info and so helpful. May I suggest you add it to the guide??

brightonguy wrote:

The Saudi-Bahraini Transport Company (SABTCO), tel. +973-17252959, runs eight buses daily from the SAPTCO bus station in Dammam via Khobar in Saudi Arabia, across the King Fahd Causeway, to the bus terminal next to the Lulu Centre in central Manama.

The service uses comfortable aircon minibuses with a trailer for luggage. Tickets cost SR60/BD6 and can be purchased in advance, although they'll squeeze you in without a reservation if there is space.

As crossing the Causeway involves two passport checks and two customs checks, figure on 2 hours for the trip, plus any traffic delays at busy times like Thursday evenings. At congested times, buses may actually be slightly faster than private cars, as they can use separate lanes at immigration and customs.

As of July 2013, the schedule for SABTCO is as follows:

From Dammam     From Khobar         From Manama
07:15     08:00         07:00
10:00     10:45         09:00
12:00     12:45         11:00
14:00     14:45         13:00
16:00     16:45         15:00
18:00     18:45         17:00
20:00     20:45         19:00
22:00     22:45         21:00

Thanks for all the info. What will be the exact point in khobar where i can get this bus and how much luggage weight can i carry with me?

I don't think there is a luggage limit unless you carry far too much. I don't know the exact location in Khobar. Why don't you give them a call?

Ok. Thanks alot :)

Can any one get a entry-exit multiple visa to Bahrain?

Can any one get a exit-re-entry multile visa to Bahrain?

@ Wyne!

I think Multi Visa to Bahrain is possible. Your sponsor should be able to get it done for you.

Good Luck!

Thanks

You will need a multi entry/exit visa from your company. If you leave Saudi and enter Bahrain by plane on a visit visa ( they will probably turn you away due to your passport stamps) then you won't get back in to Saudi. Speak to HR and they should hopefully sort out everything. If they think you are job hunting they may refuse to assist you

We working here in riyadh with my husband..we want to go bahrain 2 days for relax..but only icama we have..?we go to bahrain if icama only..thank u

Dear Missy Anne,

Only with Icama you cannot travel to Bahrain, you would  need an multi entry/exit visa from your husbands company, your husband could ask his HR department about how to get one

hope the information was useful to you, good luck
T&R
Arjun

Sometimes companies issue a single entry exit visa as well for one trip but I also recommend a multi entry-exit visa and also holding the passport instead of leaving it with the company.

I hope someone can answer my question. 

Is there any Iqama Validity to enter Bahrain? 

Thank you in advance.

I've gone when my Iqama was expiring in 3-4 months !

No idea still , better talk with Bahrain Embassy in Riyadh !

gunner757 wrote:

I've gone when my Iqama was expiring in 3-4 months !

No idea still , better talk with Bahrain Embassy in Riyadh !

We called them, but they already on Holiday. You mean, they still give you a visa even your Iqama validity were 3-4 Months?