Looking for job in Online Gaming

Hi, I'm working as a Trader in UK and would like to relocate to Malta, but it's not so easy. Have an accounts probably in all recruiting agencies on island, but most of them absolutely useless. Will be appreciate for any advice. Thanks  :|

Hi asand77,

Maybe you should try posting an advert in the Malta jobs section.
It might help.

Regards
Armand
Expat.com Team

Hi Armand,

Thanks for your advice.

Hi asand,

which languages do you speak (apart from English)? German and Scandinavian native speakers are always welcome at i-gaming companies but also other languages are in demand.

Cheers
Ricky

Hi Ricky,

I speak English, Russian, Estonian, understand German, but can't speak fluently

Thanks

Hi asand,

you have to be a 'native' speaker , understanding is not good enough as you speak to customers on the phone in their own language.

I have no idea if Russian and/or Estonian are asked for in i-gaming! That might be the reason for the lack of interest by the agencies.

What are your other qualifications? Being a ' Trader' does not say much about specific qualifications for the Maltese job market. And why would you want to relocate from London to Malta? The weather? Lifestyle?

Cheers
Ricky

Hi Ricky,

I used to be football player and after serious injury and retirement decided to start working in I-Gaming. I have a Law education, but never worked in that field, also have a Diploma for PR, Marketing and Advertising from University of Notre Dame. Reason  for relocation is weather, 100%

Thanks

since he is working as a trader i don't think knowing different languages is so important, as traders usually don't speak with customers, help desk does

as for a job - it is strange you weren't offered anything couse there is a lot of job changes in betting companies

have you considered coming to Malta and search for a job while you are here? it will be much easier

Duxx,

When I was talking about languages, I meant that I don't speak German fluently. English, Russian, Estonian - do.
I had 3 interviews, but local based guys have an advantage for sure, so they got the job. I thought about moving to Malta and start searching the job, but who knows how fast it will be. I don't have 2-3 months to spend just for searching, I have mortgage to pay, so my bank won't be happy, if I've missed payment.

Thanks

yes, well local based people will always get the job as they can start right away :)

all of the guys i know that are working as traders were here and then got a job, most of them within 1 month so, you really should consider coming for a holiday for 1 month and spend time actively searching for a job

You will find it hard to get a job in trading here at the moment, Several of the bigger companies here have laid off traders so there has been influx of over 20 good traders on the recruitment books in the last 6 weeks with more to come with Stan James laying off also..I can suggest you compile a list of the companies you want/would work for in Malta and contact their head of trading via linkedin... This has worked in the past for serveral guys I know... Best of Luck...

Duxx.

Really good idea, about holiday! Also if you have friends in Betting Companies, when they looking for new candidates they offer a "Friend Scheme", normally it cost 250 euro, so if someone can recommend me, he will get some extra money. Anyway thanks for your advice mate!

Ash73, thanks mate, I will definitely try Linkedin. To be fair I can work also in Customer Service or  Fraud and Payments. I consider all options at the moment.

Do you have sales/recruitment experience, is your English native?
We may have a position for you working for deVere as a recruitment consultant, that is what i am doing currently

Hi,

English is not my native language, but I speak fluently. I was working in real estate business in Estonia and had a warehouse in Norway, so I would say I have some experience in sales, also at the moment I have so many contacts in recruiting agencies, that I will definitely know what type of candidate exact company looking for.

Kind Regards

asand77 wrote:

Hi,

English is not my native language, but I speak fluently. I was working in real estate business in Estonia and had a warehouse in Norway, so I would say I have some experience in sales, also at the moment I have so many contacts in recruiting agencies, that I will definitely know what type of candidate exact company looking for.

We recruit for international wealth managers, we have 70 offices around the world but none based in  Malta.
How many years sales exp. Maybe you could train to be a wealth manager?
Kind Regards

Hi,

One and a half year in Estonia and one year in Norway.

Thanks

Hi Asand

I am a recruiter in Malta and work the oldest, most established iGaming recruitment company in the world - as well as being a blogger here - and what ash73 says is very true.  Traders are not in demand in Malta and there are a bunch that cant get work.  Its a bit harsh to blame the recruiters for the market situation :-)

Send me a personal message and I will give you my details, if there is anything at all we can do to help I will.  However, good or bad, I'll tell you exactly how it is.

One other thing - as you are not here in Malta, that only increases your chance of not being interviewed.  Many of my clients only want to speak to locally based candidates.

Hello bellsabroad and welcome on board :)

Thanks for the introduction on your activities, a bit more about yourself maybe? 

Regards

Kenjee

Hi Kenji

Sure.  I have a blog which I put up here back midway through last year, bellsabroad.com, which gives quite a bit of personal information on what I / we are doing, but professionally I am an IT Recruiter working for Pentasia in Santa Venera, Malta. I am not here to put a sales pitch on the company, so I won't do that.  However when I saw our friend here in need I was able to help get things going for him.

If there are any others who need similar assistance, I am happy to help too.  (We have the strongest connections in the industry in iGaming and have offices in London, Spain, Gibraltar, Malta, Hong Kong, and New York.  Pentasia has won eGR Recruiter of the Year 2010, 2012, 2013 and 2014, so it doesn't have to be in Malta.)

Hope that helps give you some info you need.  I am not that active on forums as I have a family and work long hours but, again, if someone needs something, just message me.

Cheers, Simon from BellsAbroad

Hi Simon,

My name is Antonio and even though I am not actively looking for work, it would still be nice to get connected to you via LinkedIn. I've been working for the I-Gaming industry since 2008 and at the moment I am living in Malta and working from home as a Bingo Chat Host. A part of English, I also speak Portuguese and Spanish fluently and previously, I've worked as CS Agent, Community Manager and Fraud assistant.

As said before, I am not looking for work but I am always open to new challenges/opportunities. If you'd like to add me into your LinkedIn network, please feel free to do it, my name Is Antonio Goncalves.

Best regards,
Antonio