Vietnam Visa

Has written an article on Vietnam Visa.. post it here and hope it helps:

Most travellers who intend to visit Vietnam will require a tourist Visa and will need to get it ready before they take off. Typically, Visa applications would be made to the Vietnamese embassy in the traveller's country, however, this can prove to be rather time consuming and costly. Plus, can you imagine going to the embassy only to find that they're closed due to a Vietnamese public holiday? Not fun.

Thankfully, the Vietnamese Immigration Department has decided to issue Visas on Arrival, which means you can get your Visa when you arrive in the country. Before you pack your bags and fly in, though, you'll need to get a Visa approval letter, which means your application details have been checked and verified online. You'll receive the approval letter by email, and you can then print it out and bring it with you. It's important to note that the airline won't let you board the plane without the letter.

Vietnamese Visas on arrival are only available via airport entries, and not border crossings. For those who've decided to enter Vietnam via Cambodia, China or Laos, and are far away from home, don't despair, you can make use of the 'Visa Run service.' This simply means your passport will be collected by a 'runner,' who will then have it processed at a Vietnamese embassy in Cambodia, China or Laos. This costs quite a bit more, but it will save you time. Some people swear by it, because it means you can go ahead and enjoy your holiday while a runner gets things done for you.

Note: Worried about the idea of a Visa Run application? Allow us to explain it further. The application will actually be performed online and the service will be pre-arranged by a reputable travel agent. As such, you can be assured that everything is genuine and your passport will be safe. The runner will take your passport, bring it to to the embassy and then return it to you at the place you're staying.

It is extracted from 'Asia Travel Visa' Page in Facebook

Nice sharing.. I'm leaving to Vietnam next week..
Indeed, I had wasted my time with the embassy and got no definite answer in the end. That's the reason I choose to apply visa arrival at last minute.

Hi Sun00,

thanks for sharing. Maybe you could also post your article(s) in the guide ? It would give them a better exposure and would help a lot of people ;)

All the best,

Julien

Recently, Jan 16th, I returned from the USA and picked up my visa at the airport. It was easy and fast and I loved the service. I am an expat living in Hoi An and have had many hassels over the years with visas. Getting a 3 months work visa was a pain to say the least and this new service is great. Its safe, fast and reasonably price.

Check out the site Vietnam Visa. Works just fine.

EFFECTIVE 2012 JAN 01 new immigration rules came into effect and it is too soon to know what the new restrictions will mean.

The informercial posted by the OP contains several omissions/errors.

(1) The pre-approved Letter issued to an Agent, costs money. This varies but a reputable HCMC agent charges $12 to apply for an e-mail an approval;
(2) Visas issued at airports cost a additional USD$25 for a 30-day tourist visa and $50 for over 30-days. These amounts are paid at the airport in addition to the agent fees;
(3) Visas can be paid for in VN Dong OR USD$;
(4) On arrival in the airport you have to complete a Visa Application Form  AND supply TWO PASSPORT SIZE MUGSHOTS;
(5) Only Ha Noi, Da Nang and HCMC airports have Visa-on-Arrival;
(6) Residents of certain countries notably India and Nigeria as well as many other Africa countres MUST obtain a visa before departure;
(7) VN Immigration frequently check return e-tickets with airlines BEFORE they are admitted - particularly India Nigeria and other African countries;
(8) Often it is no more expensive to use in-country embassies and consulates and attendance in person is not required. San Francisco VN Consulate is far more friendly and helpful than the Washington Embassy; Ottawa and London Embassies are to be avoided (slow, rude, and often don't answer telephones). All embassies have websites - Washington has a very helpful web site;
(9) Airlines use a database maintained by SITA Belgium, which contains inaccuracies, but to airlines it is the immigration bible. As a result many airlines require you to sign a Waiver stating you will reimburse them the cost of returning you from VietNam if you are refused admission. This means little as most people have a return ticket;
(10) When you get your Letter of Approval print TWO COPIES and staple one in your passport (for check-in) and the other keep with your mugshots;
(11) Only use a Visa Agent based in the city in which you are landing. If there is a problem on arriving in HCMC and you have used a Ha Noi Agent he will not be around to help - after all they have your money;
(12) Most regional 'insertion' points - Bangkok, Singapore, Cambodia, HongKong and China have many VN embassies and consulates close to the popular crossing border points. You do not need a Visa Agent - personal applications are welcome. One consulate in Cambodia has a 5-minute turnaround time, is open 6 days a week for in-person applications and througha travel agency on SUNDAYS!