What to carry

Hi all

I am in Egypt right now. My husband is getting an offer in Nairobi. so we might move in August there. I am well aware that lot of Indians are there. But just wanted to know which place is best to stay as my husbands office is at Eden square and I have two sons. 10 year old and 1 1/2 year old. suggest some good schools nearby please. and what to carry from India as in other words what is not available. I don't find any house or villas furnished. we are looking for one. do they generally have furnished houses??.

I am a south Indian and just wanted to know if u get star vijay there???

Thank you

[Moderated : pls post in the housing section]

Hi,there are plenty of fully furnished houses but they are costly as most of them are in the expensive surbarbs which are also secure.as for what to  and not to carry,i might not be of great help

You will get almost everything in Nairobi. However, medical facilities and medicines are very expensive. You may carry OTC Medicines for common ailments with you.

Education is also very expensive but good schools are available.

Furnished housing (especially serviced apartments) are fairly common, though they may be expensive.

For TV channels look at the Zuku TV Kenya and DSTV Kenya websites to get a better feel of what is available.

Hi Meena,

I hope you are doing well. I just moved to 6th October city and I believe you are living here for quite a while. I saw the your 3 years old post when you were about to moving to Egypt. Although you must have exited Egypt, I believe you can help me with some queries. First query is same as you had, where I can buy indian grocery items like spices, pulses etc.

dkalra123 wrote:

Hi Meena,

I hope you are doing well. I just moved to 6th October city and I believe you are living here for quite a while. I saw the your 3 years old post when you were about to moving to Egypt. Although you must have exited Egypt, I believe you can help me with some queries. First query is same as you had, where I can buy indian grocery items like spices, pulses etc.

Welcome to the forum 

I suggest that you go to the Egypt section of the forum and post your request there. Whilst there you should also read through the posts listed in the forum categories, upper right hand side of the page.
Good luck..