Transfer of Sponsorship

Hi There,

I have been working in Saudi Arabia in a school for 2 years now. I was hired from oversees and the school sponsors me. I am a single mum so I sposnsor my kids too. Although single mum teachers can no longer bring over their kids anymore but mine was done under the table as i only knew of the law when i came here and was ready to do istikda mfor them.

The service that i was hired for was cancelled in the school ( their fault and they know it) but now i found new work here.
When i asked for the letter of No objection they were really mad and said we paid for you and now you want the other company just hire you without the extra expenses that we paid? Plus, they said that there is a new law which just came out two months ago in Saudi Law that I can not transfer anymore to another school before 2 years and that i have to leave the country.

My new school said this is bullshit and that they just need the "letter" and they will deal with the headache in the Ministries.

My questions are:

1) Is that Law true?
2) If my current school do give me the letter ( which i am pressuring them to do so with outside pressure) would the Ministry of Labour or Interior refuse it because they do not transfer iqamas anymore before two years.
3) My new school sent a demand letter for the current school. is all this done online? because I thought i would get a letter by hand and pass it to the new school. I just read that this is all online. All I ahve to do is wait.

4) How long does it take to transfer the iqama? I still have 2 months for iqama expiry date.

I think that is about it. I feel I knowcked you over.

Thanks

1. There is no such rule for the transfer but I am not sure either there is a separate rule for school or not.

2. If your new school giving you the surity then they will do.

3.it is all done online but u must take demand letter from the new school with chamber atestation on it.after that your current school will give you 3 letters for the new school for the transfer which u will submit to the new school.

4.normally it takes 7 to 10 days or it can be done earlier if your employer wants.new school will send a request of transfer of your sponsorship online and yiur current school must have to approve it.the approvak takes only 5 mins like u r accepting any friend request on skype :)

But it all depends on your current employer either they will give u the transfer permission or not.