Just a Friendly Advice

Just a piece an advice for those who are planning to move or visit to Philippines. Do not use smart communications as your mobile carrier. They are so expensive with very slow signal. This is just base on my own experience.

I have heard good and bad about all of them here.  Best to see what the people in your area use and follow there lead here. Think it has to do with area more than anything here.

James Mitchel wrote:

I have heard good and bad about all of them here.  Best to see what the people in your area use and follow there lead here. Think it has to do with area more than anything here.

It all depends on the towers and the relationship with surrounding mountains, buildings, etc...Smart might work well in one location but one km down the road Globe is the carrier because of the placement of the towers...Always keep this in mind...That is why I have a smart, globe and sun numbers because of my various travels throughout the PI...

Telco companies in the Philippines in general charge too much for too little. In the US, it is easy to get a 40mbits internet connection speed for a fraction of a price, but here it is a thousand for less than 1mbits --and the signal fluctuates!

If you compare all the Telco's, Smart communications would be the one with the best signal (in Metro Manila--not sure in other areas), followed by Sun Cellular ... and ... no... Globe is just terrible!

If you're looking to save more $$, Sun Cellular can give you a monthly plan for as low as 699 Php with a free phone and wifi modem.

But it all boils down to this --no matter how good or how cheap your service provider is, all of them are area-specific. If you live in the remote areas / towns outside the city, chances are the signal will be poor. :/

Hi.
Has anyone experience of Oriental Mindoro. In Sabang the Wi Fi was reasonable but my ipad rarely worked in Sinandigan. The signal often disappeared and I am returning to the area in June. Which is the best for this area. ????

Pegasus 13 wrote:

Hi.
Has anyone experience of Oriental Mindoro. In Sabang the Wi Fi was reasonable but my ipad rarely worked in Sinandigan. The signal often disappeared and I am returning to the area in June. Which is the best for this area. ????

I would recommend SMART and GLOBE both...one may work one day and the next the other may work or both will not work at all...Its just the scheme of things there...

Hi thanks for tbat. Is Sun any good?

Pegasus 13 wrote:

Hi thanks for tbat. Is Sun any good?

Sun is good in some areas...Sun also has the best overseas calling load plan...Once again I have SIM cards for all three major carriers, SMART, GLOBE AND SUN...that way if i am in a remote area I have options of trying each of them to get the signal I need...

Its the same for the internet...I have a SMART and a GLOBE stick when I travel throughout the Philippines...

I am now carrying both Smart and Globe. I got the globe because when you change countries and try to open your email (they are so paranoid these days) that they advise you that they suspect that someone has hacked your email account. Then you have to answer your secret questions (if you can remember your answers - which I couldn't etc) - then when finally accepted me back, as part of their re-signing in process, they asked for a telephone number I could use to get a special code if this ever happened in the future! This is where Globe came in because I had to use my wife's globe number because SMART just wouldn't confirm the number, whereas Globe confirmed right away

I am using both smart and globe. As i can see, the signal depends on the area in the Philippines. But based on my experience with this networks, there are times that one is no cignal but the other one have. When it comes to the cost of calling, sending sms or internet connection, there are also a lot of promos like unlimited txt, calls, or what so ever. you just need to choose...