Couple questions :)

Hi, im from Algarve/Portugal, just want to know ( besides the living low cost ) how it is to live in Bulgaria ( in/near the beach ):

- what is the most turist spot on the Bulgarian coast?
- how are the Bulgarian people, are they nice etc etc?
- Do they speak English ( in the turist sposts ) as i only speak Portuguese and English, or do i really need to learn Bulgarian?
- In general how is it to live in Bulgaria?
- And is there lot of crime?

Hello, Sephius.

Let me answer your questions one by one:
Regarding the most turist spot on the Bulgarian cost - basically the whole Bulgarian Blasck Sea cost is a huge turist spot. It all depends on how you would like to spend your time here. The seaside resorts famous for their night clubs and partying are Sunny Beach and Golden Sands. If you want to have a quiet vacation with your family, you`d rather choose destination like Tsarevo, Albena, Balchik. A wonderful place to visit as well is Nessebar, it has an "old part", where they have tried to preserve the atmosphere from the years back.
Most of the Bulgarian people working at the seaside speak English. Nowadays, it is a "must" to do so, since there are so many foreigners coming in Bulgaria. German and French are also some of the languages people speak here.
I have always said and I am definitely convinced in this - most of the Bulgarians are friendly and open to meeting new people. However, you always have to be careful when going to a restaurant or a bar, because some places have a special menu for the turists..
Regarding the crime situation here, when you keep your eyes open, I don`t think you will have any problems.

Wishing you a wonderful vacation!

Regards: Sheenbg

Thanks

just couple more questions..

- is there high speed internet and cable tv available in Bulgaria?

- can a family live ok ( no worries ) with around €1000/month ? ( owning a house not renting one ) or how much is needed a month to live with no worries?

Thanks again :)

Yes, there is high speed internet almost everywhere.

Living cost depends on your lifestyle. Drinking, eating, outdoor activities such as discos, restaurants, cinema and so on.

If you don't pay rent, don't smoke and don't go out 400EUR per person are fine. For example I am 28 and living with my girlfriend, we don't pay rent and we hardly make it under 1500EUR per month (gasoline, telephone, water/energy expenses, insurances, quality food, and so on ...) - We go out maybe once or twice per month.

It's a very subjective question ;)

Hi we are in a village just out side Dodrich and we have a budget of £150 a week for petrol,elec,water, and food shoping, going out once a week or so, and we can't spend it, regards Paul