Moving to Salalah

Hi all,

I am moving to Salalah with my husband and 3 kids and am finding it very difficult to find information out online.  When we visited we could see any estate agencies ... how do people look for houses to rent?  We would be looking for a 5 bed house but again am not sure about what area is good to live in?  I have a million questions but cant find any answers - how do you find a housemaid?  What is a good hospital/pediatrician for kids? 

I would be so grateful if anyone could help.

Thanks

hi !
what is your nationality ! when are you planning to move around .salalah is a comfortable place for family .
accomodation is cheap as compared to dubai  .please specify your questions . feel free to ask .will be glad to offer
any kind of assistance since i have gone thorugh the same when i was moving around , with little or no information on the net .

Greetings,

I too, have similar questions as I plan to arrive in September.  I am an American faculty member and will have my wife and two sons accompany me.

Any insight would be great. I am aware of the minimal schools in the area but anything further would be great. 

Regards...

hi. i am Dr. Deepak. i also need info about how to get 2BR or 3BR flat on rent. coming to Salalah in end of June.
thanks

Thank you so much. I guess my main questions would be do you know how I can find a good real estate agent?  Where do you go to the dr/dentist?  Is there a vet in salalah - I have heard that there isn't....  Also how to find home help - are there already people in salalah we can hire or do people hire from outside the country? I'm am an Irish Kuwaiti :). My mum is Irish and dad Kuwaiti ... Thanks so much for your offer of help. I am very grateful.

Hi Phdkid,

We've just been to salalah and have seen the British school - what ages are ur kids?  Ours are 7,4 and 2. The headmaster is great and although the school is small and in need of some tlc, it is being renovated and expanded this summer and he has high hopes for it. We were reluctant to make the move at first because of the school but after speaking with him, he has alleviated all of our concerns ... It will be a great outdoorsy family adventure!!!

Hello !
welcome to salalah , salalah is a nice place for family life , working hours in govt .mostly morning  8 to 2 , weekend two days off , so lot of time to relax . as regarding the schooling , depends what grade your kids are in . nursery and pre nursery upto grade 1 there are some good preparatory schools , for higher classes there is one indian school and one pakistani school , most of the expats study there . there is also one british school , i am not sure upto what grade .
please feel free to ask any further questions .