Permanent Visa for US national wife who now resides in Pakistan

Dear ALL
My wife is U.S national and we married recently and I plan to bring my wife in Kingdom after this Ramadan 1435 AH (2014 G). I myself is Pakistani and don't have U.S passport.

My problem is that my wife doesn't have Pakistani passport but she got her permanent residency in Pakistan (National Identity Card for Overseas Pakistani - NICOP) and she got the U.S passport.

My profession was changed to COST ACCOUNTANT 11 months ago. I have CA from Pakistan (unattested) and Ive got attested my Bachelors of Commerce (B.com) last year from Saudi Culture and Saudi Embassy in Pakistan.

My Question is: Kindly advise me what course of action should I take to bring my wife here and from where should our nikahnama (Marriage Certificate) be attested to complete the whole process smoothly. Since my wife now permanently resides in Pakistan so the country of arrival to KSA is Pakistan (i.e. not U.S from where her passport is issued).

Looking forward to help and reply from most experienced members of this forum and it would be nice if you could refer me to someone who practically faced this similar situation. JAZAKALLAH KHAIR

Kindly someone knowledgeable please reply :)

If you are coming to Saudi on a work visa. You first need to sort our your papers/visa stamping then apply for an "iqama" after you have arrived. Once that bit has finished only then can you sponsor your wife's visa.

I am living here in KSA since last April 2013

As I already mentioned in my post that my iqama profession is COST ACCOUNTANT. So it means I reside in KSA :)

Since you have your iqama, have you spoken to your firm's admin department?

My case is similar to yours, I am non-Pakistani and my wife is Pakistani.

Your degrees, should be attested by Notarary public, MOFA Pakistan, Saudi Cultural Attache and Saudi Embassy of the country where degree was earned. (dont worry about CA attestation)

Marriage certificate: Attested by Notary public, MOFA Pakistan, Saudi Cultural Attache and Saudi Embassy.

Once these documents are ready, give them to your firm's admin department and they will apply for your wife's visa. The output of that visa is a yellow paper.  You then have to send that yellow paper to Pakistan (to your wife) and then she can get in touch with one of the agents there (in Pakistan) to apply for Saudi Resident visa (based on your sponsorship).

Now, the question you should be asking is whether if Saudi Embassy in Pakistan will stamp your wife's US Passport (as they may have a restriction to stamp Pakistani passports only). In my opinion, they should stamp her passport. However, to be 100% sure, contact Etimad (renowned Saudi visa agent in Pakistan) and they can easily answer your question.

Good luck
SA

Thanks a lot for your reply and kind help. Acting on your advice, I've emailed Eitmad for further inquiry.

As u already mentioned, there's difference in yours and mine case. In my case, wife nationality is different from mine and her departing airport will also be different from the country of her nationality :)..

So please if someone could help more precisely who faced similar situation.

Thanks again Mr 95 Wellington

kpanhwar wrote:

Thanks a lot for your reply and kind help. Acting on your advice, I've emailed Eitmad for further inquiry.

As u already mentioned, there's difference in yours and mine case. In my case, wife nationality is different from mine and her departing airport will also be different from the country of her nationality :)..

Ok the process is going to be similar as for any other national. My case was iddentical to yours and got visa last year ! also I applied for my wife's visa myself instead of giving it to my HR for processing ! it was an easy process and I can guide you all ! just sending you my number in PM. do call me when free.

Jazak'Allah khair Dr sahab for ur reply and so nice to talk to u over phone. Very thankful... :)

kpanhwar wrote:

Jazak'Allah khair Dr sahab for ur reply and so nice to talk to u over phone. Very thankful... :)

Glad to be of your help brother.. Remember us in your prayers.

DrHassanMalik wrote:
kpanhwar wrote:

Ok the process is going to be similar as for any other national. My case was iddentical to yours and got visa last year ! also I applied for my wife's visa myself instead of giving it to my HR for processing ! it was an easy process and I can guide you all ! just sending you my number in PM. do call me when free.

Asalam.o.alaikum,

I recently got job offer from KSA as Engineer, and soon be getting all my documents attested from Saudi Culture and Saudi Consulate in Karachi than for visa stamping.

My query is similar to yours as my wife is foreign national (indian) and she is living with me in Pakistan on family visa-Multiple entry and gave birth to a baby in Pakistan.

I applied for a Pakistani passport of my baby.

Now, the issue is that after i get iqama in KSA and lateron apply for family visa for my wife and child does they issue visa to my wife from Pakistan? or does they issue her visa from India?

no need to send your family to India, just write arrival port Karachi in visa form and mention nationality as Indian for wife and Pakistani for child in given columns...
I already got the visa paper for my wife Alhamdulillah.
Only issue that you may face is the attestation of nikah nama. I got attested it attested from MOFA Pakistan and Saudi embassy in Karachi on the basis of NICOP of my wife... Better look for some agent for this problem if u don't succeed to get the nikah nama attested for first time...

kpanhwar wrote:

no need to send your family to India, just write arrival port Karachi in visa form and mention nationality as Indian for wife and Pakistani for child in given columns...
I already got the visa paper for my wife Alhamdulillah.
Only issue that you may face is the attestation of nikah nama. I got attested it attested from MOFA Pakistan and Saudi embassy in Karachi on the basis of NICOP of my wife... Better look for some agent for this problem if u don't succeed to get the nikah nama attested for first time...

Thank you so much Janab. Indeed very very useful and helpful knowledge and information.

I have my indian nikhanama translated in english furthermore someone told me to register my marriage in Pakistan as well so I decided to get it registered through Qazi and few days later I got Nadra Nikhanama! which is already got attested from MOFA. But still the confusion exist, does the consulate will attest the nikhanama as the origin of nikhanama is Pakistan and passport is India, and the other thing does they allow my wife to have both KSA and Pakistani Visa on same time on her passport?