Rainwater collection

Hello! Are the fine people of the DR lax on rainwater collection? We'd like to grow our own fruits and veggies and due to the water issues I've read about, we think collecting rain water would be a good choice for irrigation.  It's not allowed in the community where I live currently in the US :-(

Collect all you want!.  There is usually enough rain water falling to take care of gardens and fincas (farms) but sometimes this may not be enough. We are in the middle of a pretty significant drought for the last few months but that seems to be pretty much over with lots of rain this month.  We have had 13 inches or so of rain this month.

Bob K

Collecting rainwater requires places to store it - obviously.  And standing water breeds mosquitoes if it is not done right.  For most people here lack of things to store in, lack of places to store etc will mean few will do it.

Excellent!  Thank you for the replies!!
We are planning for a fairly small garden. We'll still have to run our biz so, I can't go too crazy...YET!  lol
There's a very easy way to make one with a painter's bucket, an barrel, a spigot, and a painter's net (to prevent mosquito's and debris, works like a filter.)
Found a video ...if anyone is interested... that's kinda how we've done it in the past but, with a larger collection barrel. 
You can also drop chlorine tabs in it and turn it into drinkable water.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MYTNciCplmw

500 chlorine tablets in a storage of water WILL NOT make it drinkable here.

Bob K

I should have been more clear, My apologies!!
That was just an example of what we did here in the states to make it drinkable, will not work in the DR. Thanks for pointing that out Bob :-)