Salaries and job market

hi everyone,

My name is Sher and I currently live in London with my husband and 3 children aged 13, 5 and 15 months. We have recently started thinking about relocating to Malta but want to wait till our older daughter has done her gcse in 3 yrs. So for now I just want to find out  as much info as possible. I currently work as an HR Advisor and hubby is in project management. What are the average salaries in these fields? Also what jobs are easy to get? I have teaching experience as well as some IT. We are trying to work out if the salaries will be able to sustain us with 2 kids in private school. I have info on schools which I found here.

Thank you.

Hi Vinshar,

it is always difficult to predict jobs and salaries in Malta. I don't think I know anybody working in HR so I can only make a guess. There are many job agencies around and many companies seem to use their services judging from job advertisments in the newspapers. A possible salary range for the job of HR assistant might be 1400-1600  or more .

Project management is very difficult to judge. If you are talking about projects that have anything to do with Malta you probably have to speak Maltese to be able to manage any kind of project. He could be lucky and find something fast but it is difficult to say.

Jobs that are easy to find in Malta? Specialized IT work (data processing, web site/ game programming and so on, financial jobs ) , bus drivers, harbour cruise ticket sellers, room cleaners in hotels, cheap labour in construction and farming -))) and, not to forget the main area of foreign jobs in Malta, i-gaming ( if you speak one or more of the relevant foreign languages as a native speaker.

But , bottom line, it should be possible if you both have reasonably well paid jobs. Private schools are much cheaper in Mata than in the UK.

Cheers
Ricky