Exporting a car FROM Bahrain

i need tranfer bahrain used car to kerala

You cannot use a Left Hand Drive vehicle in India, you wont be able to register the vehicle in India and it will be lying at the Port itself and may not get customs clearance as well.

Though you can get an International registered vehicle to India for a temporary use through a facility called CARNET but you have to ensure that you shall  send the vehicle back after the due date. It is a tedious process and not worth the effort unless you really want to your vehicle to India.

But with regards to sending the vehicle to India and registering it, there is no remote possibility at all.

Thank you, very useful instructions! I am considering to export my car from Bahrain to Russia. Can anyone recommend shipping company to arrange transportation of car from Bahrain to Russia?

I assume that it should be delivered by sea. Thank you!

Hi jose,
Thanks sharing details...
Here I have a question if u don't mind...

How can I export my car here from bahrain to kuwait? Wt is the procedures and how much it would be cost?if u hv some car exporting agancies name plz share....

I am expat residence of bahrain and changing my job to kuwait....

Thanks in advance...

Hi jose,
Thanks sharing details...
Here I have a question if u don't mind...

How can I export my car here from bahrain to kuwait? Wt is the procedures and how much it would be cost?if u hv some car exporting agancies name plz share....

I am expat residence of bahrain and changing my job to kuwait....

Thanks in advance...

I would have thought this wouldn't be too difficult as its within the GCC.

Hi all

Main thing which we should know is..thw car should be within 5 years from date of purchase...also the purchased car should be a brand new purchased from showroom...

Second hand cars and the cars age more tgan 5 years will not be allowed..

Hi,

Thank you for the useful information, do I need to have the car registered in my name after receiving the discharge letter from the bank? Or O can just have it registered only in the destination?

Regards

Hi,

Thanks for the post, do I need to have the car transferred to my name after receiving the release letter from the bank? Or can I just have it registered in the destination?

Warm regards

I want to export my car from bahrain to Cochin,Kerala.i want to keep the car just couple of weeks and bring back to bahrain
What about the procedures to export the car
And how much is the expense

Here are some rules.

https://smartexpat.com/india/how-to-gui … -a-vehicle

T&R

Hi Jossnugles,

Thanks a lot for the note! ver helpful!

Any chance I can direct you some extra questions directly per mail or message?

Thanks, Kirill

Thank you Josnuggles22 for the detailed information shared in connection with the Export of Vehicle from Bahrain Dtd. May 2014 08:51:21Report#1 found it Useful. Thank you once again.

@Josnuggles

hello manny thanks for your clarifications, is the same proceduer followed till now days? i want to import a car from bahrain but the persons says there is no ispectio report since the car is less tahn 3 years

@Josnuggles

hello...

many thanks for your valued explained topic...

I want to export a car from Bahrain to Algeria, the dealer in Bahrain told me that there is  no inspection report/ certificate since the car is 2023 registered.

could you please advise if the steps you ve listed are still followed till nowdays?

@Josnuggles

is the procedure still the same? i am trying to export a car from Bahrain to Algeria, the inspection report is required, but the ealer says that he cannot car cannot be inspected since it is less than 3 years, (he cant book an appointment)

Josnuggles hasn't been online for years. She doesn't use Expat.com anymore.