Cost of living in Finland

Hi everybody,

It would be very interesting and helpful to start a topic about the cost of living in Finland.

Don't forget to mention where you are living

Let's compare the:

> accommodation prices (how much does it cost to rent or to buy an accommodation in Finland?)

> public transportation fares (tube, bus etc ...)

> food prices(per month, how much does it cost you?)

> health prices (for those who need medical insurance)

> eduction prices (if you need to pay)

> energy prices (oil, electricity)

> common bills (Internet, television, telephone, mobile phone)

> prices of a good menu in a traditional restaurant

> prices of a beer or a coffee in a regular pub

Thanks in advance for your participation!

Accomodation price : i'm student so i live in student building, i pay 211,75 euros per month for a two people flat with two bedrooms, one kitchen and one bathroom.

Public transportation fares : in tampere, 33 euros/month student bus card, one trip for students with student card 1,05/trip or 2 euros for one trip if you don't have any card.

Food price : around 130 euros/month

Beer : between 3 and 4 euros

Prices change widely depending city, the farer from pääkaupunginseudun (Helsinki Metro Area) the cheaper.

So far, my appreciation of prices are this:

> accommodation prices: rent cost depends on age and shape of the flat, could be from 500 euros to 2,000. Monthly you pay the same for a loan, thatŽs why lot of people is already thinking to buy, rather than rent

> public transportation fares (tube, bus etc ...) It IS EXPENSIVE, single ticket is 2.20 euros, if you cross to zone 1: 3.30 euros (with monthly travel card, otherwise is 4 euros)

> food prices: for my partner and me 300 euros x month

> health prices: relatively cheap and good, those provided by government (not really need for medical insurance)

> education prices: education in Finland is free! from elementary to university, if you want some "AAA" MBA then prices are the average

> common bills: Internet 25 euros basic package with Welho, television: TV maksu hehehe, telephone: what for? mobile phone: depending your contract from 15-50 x month

> prices of a good menu in a traditional restaurant: normal dinner for two in an average restaurant 60-100 euros, something nicer from 150 euros

> prices of a beer or a coffee in a regular pub: coffee 2 euros, beer 5-8 euros

Hi,
   For a Indian Family moving to finland, how much is the living cost including food, rent & tranport in helsinki. Family includes husband, wife & a kid. If we live moderately.

regards

Hello,

I might get a job in Turku soon.
Anyone can explain how to calculate my net salary, because in the anouncement I only have the anual salary?

Thanks for your help.

i want to study and live in finland and whats the cost of living monthly

hi.....:-)
i wanna knw, wat s d minimum cost of living including transportation, n food in finland??????????

Hei,

I am living in Pori.

> accommodation prices (how much does it cost to rent or to buy an accommodation in Finland?)
The cheapest is to share a flat with people. For exemple I payed 214 Euros with electricity and water and I am located in the center of Pori just next to the market place. ( so it's cheap!)

> public transportation fares (tube, bus etc ...)
You can always get bus card/month and it cheaper but I am cycling so it's hard to tell...

> food prices(per month, how much does it cost you?)
About 30 Euros/week

> health prices (for those who need medical insurance)
There are hudge differences between public and private...

> eduction prices (if you need to pay)
ItŽs free! (for public school)

> energy prices (oil, electricity)
it cost me 30 Euros/ 2 months for a 20m2 room. I don t have a car.

> common bills (Internet, television, telephone, mobile phone)
I don t pay internet cause I use it at school or inter town: Pori has a free network in the center of the town.
I took Saunalahti as a mobile phone company and it's really cheap. I pay about 45Euros for 4 months.

> prices of a good menu in a traditional restaurant
There is a few good restaurant and it cost easily 30 Euros if you take main dish + desert.

> prices of a beer or a coffee in a regular pub
Beer cost between 3 till 5 Euros, dependinfg the place in Pori. Coffe cost easily 2,00 Euros or more.

Pori is not an expensive city in FInland.

I LIVE IN GREECE AND I WANT TO IMMIGRATE TO FINLAND WITH MY HUSBAND.AS I KNOW WE DON'T NEED ANY SPECIFIC PAPERS APART FROM THE ID OR PASSPORT.WE DON'T KNOW WHERE TO START FROM.SHOULD WE FIRST COME TO FINLAND,FIND A HOME AND THEN TRY TO FIND A JOB(IS IT EASY TO FIND A JOB IN FINLAND?)OR SHOULD WE TRY TO FIND SOME JOB THROUGH THE INTERNET(IS THAT POSSIBLE?)AND THEN LEAVE GREECE?PLEASE IF YOU KNOW GIVE US SOME HELP.BECAUSE THINGS IN GREECE ARE GETTING MORE AND MORE DIFFICULT.THANK YOU ALL

Hi clik1985! You are off topic! Could you please start a new discussion on the Finland forum. ;)

Thank you!

oh beer is more expensive than in germany

Hi every one,
I am getting work permit on House Keeping job in a cruise company.

the company said they ll pay 8.4 euros per hour

can you please tell me is it the correct payment?
and what is the maximum no of working hours per a week?
What will be the cost of living in Helsinki?

Do we get double payment on weekends work?

Thank you in advance