Skilled work permit application inside Norway

Hi everyone,
I have signed a contract for a job in Trondheim, and I am supposed to start the end of June. Given that I hold a Swiss stay permit, I thought it might be better to apply for the work permit in Trondheim, so I can ask for Early Employment Start. But I found that if I apply in the Service Center For Foreign Workers (in Oslo), the case processing time will be only 10 days. Is it possible to apply there given that I will be living in Trondheim? the UDI consultant at the phone said it should be possible, but on the application portal online it says that applicant should apply at the police station where he lives.

any experience/suggestion will be helpful.
Thanks

Hello,

I think it should be the local police station if you are already living there, otherwise it might be fine to apply in Oslo. A word of warning though, UDI are known to say things on the phone and then deny it later. I know people who have had serious problems because of this. Try to get something in writing from them if you can.

David

The processing time in Oslo is much longer than 10 days. Some persons I know are waiting for several months now. Better you apply where you live, it will be easier if you are asked for an interview or need to deliver additional documents

Thanks for your reply, I confirmed also with the local police that it is possible to apply in Oslo.

AuNordDuMonde wrote:

The processing time in Oslo is much longer than 10 days. Some persons I know are waiting for several months now. Better you apply where you live, it will be easier if you are asked for an interview or need to deliver additional documents

I will also ask for early start during my application, in case it will need longer time. The problem is that in my local police station no appointment is available before mid-July, and Trondheim is full of students that probably want to renew their permits, I think it is a better choice to apply in Oslo. I got a work permit before from Oslo in less than 10 days, so I guess if the application is complete it shouldn't take long time (hopefully)

May I know from where did you get the info that case processing time would be 10 days if submitting to the Service centre for foreign worker?

I read that to apply for early employment start, you need to provide tax certificate and self-declaration of compliance. Did you submit those documents?

Thanks in advance. I'm under the same condition as yours.

tskywalker wrote:

May I know from where did you get the info that case processing time would be 10 days if submitting to the Service centre for foreign worker?

I read that to apply for early employment start, you need to provide tax certificate and self-declaration of compliance. Did you submit those documents?

Thanks in advance. I'm under the same condition as yours.

you can find it here under Work
http://www.udi.no/en/word-definitions/c … ing-times/

hii my name sibin  john iam wrking plumbing wrk in moman 6 yerars..if u hne ant give me opertunity

Thank you!
Now the problem is that the earliest appointment date I can get at the oslo service centre is 1st July :(