Schools Availability in July

Hi;

I will be moving to Qatar by early July and has got one major concern. I started contacting different schools for my daughter (moving to year 1) and the response I got that schools are already full so I'm in waiting list.

Still I won't be able to get my family to Qatar before late August (depending on RP process time).

Can you please advise what could be my options in this case? Is there any chances waiting list will materialize to seats? What about if I'm willing to accept not-so-good schools initially, are these fully booked too?

I really appreciate all the inputs?

Regards.

Hi, my family and relocated about a month ago to Doha and are having similar issues. Finding a school can be difficult but our main issue is the fact that we can't get our PR until my husband completes six months (well, obtains 6 months worth of bank statements) So, the schools are saying that even if our daughter is accepted she still can't start school until she has her PR. Good Luck!

Hi,

School places are limited and recent changes in admission procedures mean, one solution may be for you to come out, process your/ your families RP and 'school clearance procedures' (tests may be necessary in decent schools) and then your family return to home country, until the six month period has passed. As your daughter will have processed admissions and has her RP she could just move in to the school of your choosing.

Alternatively, there are lots of 'not so good schools' that probably do have places.

regards

Angela

Hi, I found that most of school in Doha has some silly rules.  I have heard that children can't join the school till the new year starts ( ie: september) and you have to pay very expensive bond or application fee ( never come back). Some school has a long waiting list.  So many of expats children stay at their home country or some mums decide to do home schooling.  In my case, I was lucky that my son is now in secondary school, and there is a new school near the torch,  They took him way before his PR has been done, deposit was small, let him started from this month.  But I know most of schools are not like that.  This secondary school is just exceptional.