Formalities of obtaining work visa for a housewife in bahrain

hi
I'm an Indian housewife living in Bahrain under my husband's sponsorship. At present, I'm offered a job from the MOE which requires a change of visa from housewife to work visa. What are the procedures of doing that?.because they are telling that i need to exit bahrain to my country after cancelling my dependent's visa and then enter bahrain on their work visa, but, i heard that if the mother's dependent's visa gets cancelled, then the child's visa becomes invalid automatically...is this true..?  if so, what would i do when i cancel my dependents visa? or is it possible for me to sponsor my family(husband & child)?

Please reply....need urgent help...
your valuable replies would be highly appreciated.

Thank u..

I heard also that you have to leave the country and fly back - my agent though said I don't. All I have to do is have my housewife visa cancelled and then apply for a work visa. Your children should be able to stay on your husbands sponsorship and shouldn't affect you.

Give my agent a call. His name is Philip and his number is 3968 2950 - as most things in Bahrain are based on Nationality it may be different between processes for both of us

I don't think you need to leave Bahrain when your current housewife visa is cancelled. Once your visa is cancelled, you can remain in Bahrain for 30 days before you are obliged to leave the country. Your new employer will have to ensure they get the new work visa during this time. If your new employer is not efficient, then you may have to leave the country and then re-enter on the new visa. But do be aware. You will not be able to re-enter until they process all the papers (even if it takes a long time). So do be ready for this if you decide to leave the country.

To answer your other questions:
Your children can remain under the sponsorship of your husband's employer.
You cannot sponsor your husband or children.

(ps: what is MOE? Abbreviations to be avoided please)

I thought MOE was ministry of education - if it is then the visa can take forever. Is there a reason why she cant fly out and come back in on a visit visa?

I too thought the same Jo, but was trying to make sure from the original poster.
And I agree - if it is the Ministry of Education, then it certainly can take forever - hence my advise to the lady about thinking about the possibility of being out of the country for some time, while the super-efficient bureaucracy at the MoE get her visas sorted out.

Yes, she can leave the country and return on a visit visa - and this is the solution for those that leave the country and get stuck outside waiting for the new work visa. The only issue is who will get her a visit visa?! The MoE certainly will not.

I thought maybe her hubby could get her the visit visa. Not used to all the visa stuff - excuse my ignorance. That's why I'm asking - to extend my knowledge  :thanks:

The husband's employers could arrange, but they may not be keen to help out so soon after "their" visa is cancelled.

My wife went through this entire process when she started working so I have first hand experience on the ups and downs of this process  :D

Thank u all for your valuable advice...MOE is ministry of education, Bahrain.. They have finally agreed to do a local transfer of the visa...though i have no idea that how long it takes......

Thanks for the clarification re: MoE.

Local transfer is a simple process. Can take anything between few days to months :)

I recently changed jobs. We did a local transfer. Not at all complicated.

Best wishes to you! :top:

Thank u...... :)

Local transfer is very easy. If you can persuade them to go to LMRA personally it will be done quicker. Systems are still down and all online applications are taking forever. My boss today cancelled my application and resubmitted it as it had been stuck in the system for so long