Social Visit Pass - for Mother

Dear Friends & Members,

Can anyone please advise on how I can get social visit pass for my mother. I will be joining job in Malaysia sometime in June 2014 and I want my mother to move along with me. She is widow and I can't leave her alone in India behind me.

I will appreciate if someone can guide me to get my mom with me in Malaysia.

Rgds,
Amit

Tell your employer and ask if they are willing to process application at your expense.

Hi Gravitas,

Thanks. I have asked them already but they told that they can't assist me on it. I have to do it my own.

Rgds,
Amit

The process to get a social visit pass is this (Part 7.):

http://www.imi.gov.my/index.php/en/main … dependants

Watch out for the RM500 fee if it is a Journey Performed application.

If you don't have anyone to assist you, then use a reputable company, such as simplyoffshore.com, who can process the application once you have your work permit.

Once u have professional employment visa . U can bring your mom under spouse visa which she will be under your visa . The duration of her visa to stay here is base on how long your employment visa is been granted by the immigration of Malaysian .

Or u can log in to Immigration website at www.imi.gov.my and look for download forms. And look. For DP11A form that is spouse visa application forms .

If u need further details or u want someone process your application for Employment visa or any related work permit visa in Malaysia u can contact me at +60125886602 or email me at [email protected]

Hope this explanation have give u some idea how to go about it .

Cheers
Don

Unfortunately, parents are not covered by the spouse visa.  They have to obtain a long term social visit pass instead. See section 7. mentioned earlier.

Hi Amit,

Although this post is very old... but may i ask you did you able to get Social Visit Pass for your mother? Can you share your experience? Thanks.

Regards,
Fayzan