FLAT NEEDED!

Hi, I am an 18 year old student from England. I arrived in Kathmandu this afternoon with a friend as we are due to start an internship with an NGO on Monday. We were able to rent an apartment online but on arriving at the apartment we found it to be really unsafe (it didn't have a proper door!) and so quickly left and moved to a hostel. We are on the hunt for a new, more appropriate apartment and any help or advice anyone can lend us would be really appreciated! There are 2 of us and we are looking to rent for 4-6 weeks. We are looking for somewhere very central, and hopefully very safe. However as we are students we don't have a great deal of money to spend.
Thanks so much for any advice anyone can give us!

Hi! I have moved the discussion on the Nepal forum. You should also post in the Nepal classifieds > accommodation section.

Good luck!
Christine

SHopkinson wrote:

Hi, I am an 18 year old student from England. I arrived in Kathmandu this afternoon with a friend as we are due to start an internship with an NGO on Monday. We were able to rent an apartment online but on arriving at the apartment we found it to be really unsafe (it didn't have a proper door!) and so quickly left and moved to a hostel. We are on the hunt for a new, more appropriate apartment and any help or advice anyone can lend us would be really appreciated! There are 2 of us and we are looking to rent for 4-6 weeks. We are looking for somewhere very central, and hopefully very safe. However as we are students we don't have a great deal of money to spend.
Thanks so much for any advice anyone can give us!

For one month visit you are adivsed to get a hotel room..it will be cheaper here in Kathmandu,,please note that general room rent is Rs 500 around per day..if you bargain then could be lower..further..

Pashupati Koirala