EFL teacher at King Saud with ICEAT? Your experiences

Hi, i have been offered a role as an EFL teacher at King Saud University with ICEAT - wondeirng if anybody have any experiences teaching here or can recommend it or not. I still havent accepted the offer, but wanted to get some advice. I have seen some positive and negative reviews, but really wanted to communicate with some1 who does have any specific advice...especially with how the working conditions are and the accomodation they offer.

Thanks, i look forward to your messages.

[email protected]

Hamzah, have you found out any info on ICEAT that leads you to lean one way or the other? 

I'm also contemplating working with ICEAT.  Can anyone say how they compare to EdEx in terms of their treatment of staff and honouring their contracts?

Hi Hamzah,

I have accepted a contract with ICEAT at KSU to start in August.  I am also looking for some info from people that are/have recently worked there.  Also looking for some contacts to meet up with when I get there. 

I am female.  Are you male or female?  Have you accepted the contract?

Anyone else that is going to Saudi this year?

Thank you.

Hi sassysan,

May I ask if you have been sent the documents for your visa from ICEAT yet, and if so how long they took to send them after you'd accepted the contract?

I've been waiting a long time from another company.

Hi Psy-Fi (cool name!)

I received my contract about 6 weeks ago and received an email about a week later asking me to contact their Consulate in London to arrange a visit for the visa processing.  I was asked to do this as soon as possible but have only just got the money together to start the process.  Hope this helps.  I see that you are with Edex.  In honesty, I have heard horror stories about Edex and ICEAT, I think there are a lot of risks going to Saudi, I am still undecided and need to make a decision very soon!

Hi sassysan,

I know what you mean about the horror stories.  I'm telling myself the forums naturally paint a heavily biased picture because they are a safe, anonymous place for people to vent their frustrations, and there's the side we don't hear about as much which, well... hopefully is what is made of it.

I suspect I'll get well and truly roasted for that, but if you do decide to go I hope it works out well for you.

Hi Psy,

Yes, I'm telling myself that too, here's hoping!

Have you accepted your contract?  Have you been offered housing?  I'm assuming you're male?

Sorry about all the questions.

:0)

Trying to PM you, Sass.

Oh sorry, I will amend my settings.

I have been offered a contract by Edex but heard lots of bad reviews about them. What do you think? Are they better than ICEAT? does anyone know?