Staying in Manila in June and July, hoping to meet some people!

Hi everyone,

Im a young woman, working for a children's rights NGO. My work transferred me to Manila (probably Quezon) for 2 months, probably June and July. I'm really excited and looking forward to it! Last year I stayed in Cebu for 2 months, and had quite a hard time meeting people. So during my stay in Manila I'm  really hoping to meet some nice people to hang out with, so I would like to know: How and where to meet nice people? Are there any expats event? can you recommend nice places where it's easy to meet new people? do you have any other good tips for me?

Hope to hear from you all!

Hey there,

Please follow this blog and the person will be able to help you for any of your questions. Thanks!

psychologicallyunemployable.net/live-in-the-philippines/

If your Dutch, Heckle & Jeckle is a local sports bar in Makati that caters to the Dutch as the owners are half Dutch. There is an Aussie lady who does a lot of NGO charity work who hangs out at Handlebar. They are next to each other.

Hi Guusje,

1) If you ask for expats event, you may check internations.org, they always organize a dinner for expats every Saturday evenings, which you will pay P500.

2) How and where to meet nice people: Firstly, I believe that all people are good, there is always a good part in any person. Secondly, you can't be sure that people you meet first time is good enough in your definition. If you want to meet people, there are events like meet up (you may check in meetup.com). Since you work with children, you may volunteer for children at He Cares Foundation. Volunteering is a good way to meet good people, in my opinion.

3) I would be nice for me to meet you. I would like to have some sharing about children's right in NGO and can show you around.

Thanks!

Hi Guusje,
I will be in Manila on 8th of June for works,, it would be interesting if we could meet :)

Hi, I sent you a PM :D

you can come with me to skinny bar watch the football games and im free up to the middle of July so we can meet sometimes if you want:)

Anyone here up for some meetup this friday weekend somewhere in The Fort bonifacio?