FEMALE FRIENDS!

HI ya! I am have just joined my husband here is Saudi for almost a month. Im from Al Ahsaa, Mubarraz. I would like to meet new friends living living in this area. Someone who can speak English, Tagalog and Cebuano is my preference since I dont know how to speak Arabic yet, Ive learned know few terms though. Im still learning more in youtube. :)

Lovely day ahead xxx

Hi
How is your life as a female expat in Saudi?

I will be joining my husband soon inshaallah, and wonder how is the life for the women in Jeddah or Rabigh. And I wonder can I find any job there.. Currently I work for the international organization in my hometown.

Wish you all the best and lots of fun,

Sara

Hello Sara,

I spend most of my time indoors making myself busy making my smoothies, zumba/work-out, studying, cooking, art and music and gaming. :D I only go out when Im with my husband which is during the weekends. We usually go out for a a meal, coffee, go to the park, and shopping. Also, for women, you need to wear your OBAYA ( black ground-length gown)  all the time and the scarf too. Its not bad here, in fact, it amuses me being in a different world, I say different bcoz unlike other countries women can do what ever they want socially. :D With regards of working, I doubt, unless you have a working visa, but I am not sure though. Someone told me, there are work and labor agencies here where you can submit your CV, and if they think you have the qualification. They might hire you and they'll go through the process of getting you a work visa.

Have a good day!

Joy

Hello Joy,

Thank you for your messsage. Appreciated!

Yeah, I heard about wearing an obaya, I also heard that if you and your husband are out, you should walk behind your husband only. Anyway, I am a bit upset that we cannot find a job with the visa we hold; visit visa. But, I hope I will be able to find a suitable job, inshaallah.

Wish you all the best and hope to see you one day :)

Please keep in touch.

Take care,

Sara

Butterfly1979 wrote:

Hello Joy,

Thank you for your messsage. Appreciated!

I also heard that if you and your husband are out, you should walk behind your husband only.

Sara

Privet,

That is is a misconception! There is nothing like that. Yes "abaya" is an obligation (an only in saudi) but you do not have to follow your husbands footsteps...walk two steps behind.....forward.....rightward.....wherever you want wingman !

Butterfly1979 wrote:

I also heard that if you and your husband are out, you should walk behind your husband only.

:lol: No one is coming out to inspect whether you are walking behind your husband or in front of him,its just like urban legend of rules,to keep the male dominance in check.Nor the religious police is gonna stop you but in the latter case of abaya ,its a whole different story

My pleasure. With regards to walking with your husband, I am not sure, I used to walk by his side, were even holding hands most of the time. :D Also, we always bring our marriage certificate all the time when we go out. Finding a job here would be great, Im actually planning to submit my CV in one or two of the labor agencies here. I might get lucky. :)

Would be a great opportunity to see you too.

Lemme know when you've arrived

Joy xxx

Joy, nice to hear from you again.

I wish you all the best in finding a job.

Inshaallah, I will let you know when I will be there.

Keep smiling,

Sara

Thank you Sara, and you too as well when you get here. :D

Joy