Jobs in Iceland for unskilled workers?

Hello,
I concluded that Iceland is the number 1. country for me to move and I'd like to know how is the economy situation there at the moment more specifically in labour jobs
I am 21 without any working experience and I'm from Portugal (EU citizen)
I speak Portuguese and English both pretty much fluently.
I want to learn Icelandic too, just want to make sure it doesn't goes to waste (learning a language for later finding out I can't even get a job)
I'm actually a petroleum engineering student but i want to try out a simple way of life
Thanks  :)

here's a thread about unskilled jobs in Iceland. You don't need a visa coming from Poland but it's still not the best place for year round unskilled work.

https://www.expat.com/forum/viewtopic.php?id=69797

so which country you think it's the best place for labor jobs at the moment considering i have no experience?

I can't really say- I only have experience with the two countries where I'm working & living! Perhaps that's a better topic for a general forum.

You have experience with Iceland and Norway?
What can you tell me about those?
Youth unemployment rate in Norway is 8.0% which means that in EU it's the 2nd best after Germany and the 3rd best is Iceland by the way (2014 Q1 data)
If i learn Norwegian will it be easy for me to get a job? Easy meaning living there for 2 months with a savings account and looking for a job everyday?
(i know Iceland and Norway are not EU countries but they're EEA so for me it's pretty much the same, i can live and work there rightfully without much trouble)

Yes you can live in booth those countries. The basic different between EU and EEA countries is that EEA countries do not have any representatives at the EU parliament and you can't move goods freely from another EU state.
You should be able to get a job in booth those countries without speaking the local language. As long as you speak English you are fine.

How is the labour economy there in Iceland?
How much time would someone take to find a job there more or less and having the basics of Icelandic and being a fluent English speaker

I was at a restaurant yesterday and non of the employees spoke Icelandic. I think this is all about connections, if you know somebody it will be easier.  If you are unemployed in Portugal you can continue to receive  unemployment benefits while searching for a job in another EU/EES state.

yeh... I don't have any connections and I see that even if i spoke Icelandic it would be difficult to find a job in Iceland even tho Iceland is the 3rd best country for young EU citizens to find a job according to unemployment rate of all the EU countries
i might just continue my college degree in petroleum engineering and apply for Erasmus
bottom line: I just want to leave my country
I am concluding that EU is very bad for labour jobs
In USA people earn 1000$ a week for unskilled positions in the oil industry
Thanks for your help anyways  :)

One thing to consider about Iceland is that percentages are taken in a much smaller pool. I personally know people who are struggling to find work, or are constantly underemployed.

Also, money you make in Iceland in the local currency is subject to currency restrictions, so you can't move large chunks of money out of the country once you've earned it. The Icelandic krona is not traded anywhere anymore.

Everybody is struggling to find a job in every single country if they are unskilled because of the 2008/2009 crisis
As there are not as much companies as before and job offers are lower, specially for unskilled workers, it's harder to find a job
I'll say something about the situation here in Portugal: I once thought about doing a year out before university and getting an unskilled job here to work and save some cash
I registered in the 2 biggest recruiting companies in the country to find a job
Later I changed my mind and went to university but I never canceled my application on those recruiting companies
Till today nobody has ever called me for a job offer... and that was 4 years ago
Youth unemployment rate in Portugal is 35.7% in Iceland is less than 10%
Things are though everywhere... It's not about where it's easy anymore, it's about where it's less though

hello friends..i am a nepalese..just of 25 yrs..not so much studied..have made up my mind to be old in portugal..m unskilled,so can any 1 help me saying the jobs available there or any procedure of entering portugal for a nepali citizen?

@anup poudyal this is the Iceland forum and a thread that is almost ten years old. I recommend you try posting in the Portugal forum

@anup poudyal this is the Iceland forum and a thread that is almost ten years old. I recommend you try posting in the Portugal forum
-@ECS

@ECS

You are replying to a 7 year old post?

Very odd as I have a notification about that post before me as new activity on the thread yesterday evening! some notification settings must be off in the site somewhere