Best investment

What is the best investment plan suited for a single female ofw (overseas filipino worker)? I am torn between stock market, real estate or putting up a business in the phil. I am interested in venturing on the stock market and the mentor whom I think is reliable enough is bo sanchez's truly rich club. Is he good? any thoughts, anyone?thanks :)

How are you Jam? it been a long time :P hmm..it is a good idea..i think the first thing to be consider is the capital for this kind of business..and from that capital how much can you earn., anyway real state is a big trend in our country so in my own opinion it is worth investing for. Good LucK

..buying stocks from a Real state is a good option..try also to inquire about beach resort something like that. Batangas is a good place to buy a Beach property.

hi long time no hear. how can I buy stocks from real estate? really? hmmm. I was thinking of opening an account in citisect and buy stocks from a well known company.. but real estate? never research on that one yet..

Why dont you post your thread on the Phil. forum, Im sure you could get a lot of response there. Raffy is right, how much capital are you planning to invest? What are your interests? From there, you can decide and choose wisely. Good luck!

Hi Ms. Jam! I am a Certified Investment Solicitor and I personally endorse Philam Asset Management, Inc. (PAMI). PAMI is a mutual fund company and one of the many funds they manage is Equity Fund. The return for this particular fund is higher because it is invested in the stock market. One of the advantages of the fund is it is diversified, invested in companies like JG Summit, BDO, SM and Ayala. Risk however is high in this particular fund. But if your looking forward for a long-term, say a minimum of 5 years this can be a good choice.

Hey,guys am not being rude but it would be nice or moreover convenient for OP if she posts this in Phi. forum like lina said .I think the admins can move this thread over there :/

thanks for this info. I am still new with all of these. I will try to learn more about mutual funds and equity funds :)

hi Jam.... Bo Sanchez did a great introduction for starting with the stock market, there is a readily downloadable short pdf version of his book, search online, "My maid invests in the stock market..." i used to have a copy of that book, but after reading, my wife brought it to our workplace, and everyone started reading, we never got the book back.... its is easy to read, you could finish in one seating.... (i am not promoting.... :D )...

one of the options is opening an online account with a stock broker firm, such as Citisec, there  are many other options, ...my friends and I are happy with Citisec (their new name now is COL Financial INc... check their website, www.colfinancial.com

you could start investing for as low as 5000 pesos (500 SAR) and then work your way in an approach you're comfortable with...

good luck!

jam aguilar wrote:

thanks for this info. I am still new with all of these. I will try to learn more about mutual funds and equity funds :)

there are options for these, i trust PhilAm Life they have the PAMI plans for such investments.... also BPI Asset management, and BDO Wealth Management...

all you can search online.....

first, determine what kind of investor you are.... do you want low risk, medium risk or high risk investments.....

oh BTW, i dont think there is a need to move this thread to another forum.... Jam was simply asking for guidance on best investment options for her, she's working in KSA guys...  she just happens to be Filipino, so its just logical that she asks people working in Saudi on how to make investments in the Philippines...

investment options for expats in Saudi is quite limited, for example,  you need to have $2000 to spare, to open an account with Al Ahli (NCB) to open a mutual fund or something..... but when go you for exit, you cannot leave that investment, you have to withdraw it.... therefore, if you are not sure to stay in Saudi for decades, there is no assurance that your investment will grow, as these types of investment demands TIME......

thank you...bow.... ;)

hahaha thanks for backing me up jericho. I rarely used this Expat.com so i am not aware that I have to post this on to this forum or that forum. I just want some info about investments which is best suited for ofw. btw, I was able to read the online version of my maid invests in the stock market which is one of the reasons why I am interested on trying the stock market.  I was thinking if it is advisable for a newbie like me to have a professional mentor like enrolling in the truly rich club by bo sanchez.. I have zero knowledge about investments, stock market and the like.Can you tell me more about your experience to citisect?

Hi again Jam! It's nice to know that new generations of expats (that includes me!) are changing the way we spend our earnings abroad. But sadly majority still lack wise financial orientation and keeps on spending their rials into non-income generating stuff. I would like to emphasize the reason why mutual funds is one of the best options as a way to invest in the stock market. Philam Asset for example is professionally managed by experienced, full-time Fund Managers whose focus is seizing market opportunities. They are behind the success of increase of value of PAMI Strategic Growth Fund from 388.26 (2012) to 560/share (2013)! If you want to actively managed your investment and selection however, as mentioned by Jericho COL Financial can be your option. I also opened an account with COL to specifically invest in companies which are not on the list of equities invested by PAMI Fund.

Yes, I just realized that the comforts of an expat life will be temporary and I don't wanna spend many years working here in Saudi. probably I will stay 3 years more maximum so I need a backup plan once I decided to exit. I want to start investing probably late this year or early next year. But I don't know which way to go. Mutual funds / UITF sounds easy for me because there would be fund experts that will do all the work for you. Which is better? investing on col - financial or mutual funds?

In my own opinion mutual fund is better. One type of fund alone is already a basket full of diversified equities. For Strategic Growth Fund 76% is invested in securities and 24% on fixed income (yun yung mga bonds issued). Out of the 76% it is scattered to listed companies in the stock market (PLDT, SM Invest. Group, BDO, DMCI Holdings, Metrobank....). If you look at this companies, they are operating in diff. industries banking, real estate, telcos. And the required initial amount to open an investment is only 5-20K depending on the fund you choose. Then you can invest monthly for a minimum of 1k-5k. COL is also okay, but for your 5k you can invest only in 1 to 2 companies since they have minimum share you can buy.

ok thank you so much for this info and for your help. I will try it out..  :)  I will try to find out how I can do this here in Saudi. Probably mutual funds with moderate risk. I am not the aggressive type of investor so I don't know if I can already manage the equity fund. Just sad that I could not inquire here with a bdo rep or bpi rep to give me more info regarding this.

im so late in this conversation..... hahahha....

i am a Philam Life PAMI client too, started last year..... been paying my life insurance since I was 18. (now turning 30).

I suggest, if you have the savings, start with all of them jam... as they say, do not put all your eggs in the same basket... put some with your personal insurance plan, some in mutual, and some in stocks...

i guess the only motivating factor that seems to make stocks more attractive (still more risky) is that you can monitor the progress of your investments anytime.  You can see if you're gaining or losing. Its kind of addicting, that every little extra money I have, I send right away to my stock account to buy shares as much as I can.

Truly Rich club is optional,... COL will offer you training, as well as online assistance.  And you have people on this site to help you start up.

Bottomline----- any of these options are way a lot better than putting all your money on a regular savings account, even on a time deposit account.  :D 

-----go, go, smart 2nd generation expats!!  :one

This is really an interesting topic. Im also thinking the same thing.. I don't want to spend my whole entire life as an expat. investing in the ph. seems what's been coming to my thought this past few months. I want to make a change on how i earn money. ( not only by working as an expat ). There are tons of different ways on how we can earn. But you know its not that simple. I am going for a 1 month vacation this june. ( thinking of attending some seminars about investing / business / etc. )

my"name"is"raffy wrote:

This is really an interesting topic. Im also thinking the same thing.. I don't want to spend my whole entire life as an expat. investing in the ph. seems what's been coming to my thought this past few months. I want to make a change on how i earn money. ( not only by working as an expat ). There are tons of different ways on how we can earn. But you know its not that simple. I am going for a 1 month vacation this june. ( thinking of attending some seminars about investing / business / etc. )

exactly... .. :D

i don't have much, but I try to stretch my savings into 3 products, life insurance, mutual funds and bonds, lastly, stock market. the first two, you just have to pay and let them take care of the rest,, with the 3rd one, you get to play with your savings, because every move is up to you.

if you want to know more about the first two products, i know someone you can talk to when you go home in June... i trust them, been working with them for more than 10 years. and all my money is still there,...

aha!  :cool:  i think ill give it a try. who is these persons? and what they do?..

regards

my"name"is"raffy wrote:

aha!  :cool:  i think ill give it a try. who is these persons? and what they do?..

regards

i'll send you in private message

jericho_expat wrote:

im so late in this conversation..... hahahha....

i am a Philam Life PAMI client too, started last year..... been paying my life insurance since I was 18. (now turning 30).

I suggest, if you have the savings, start with all of them jam... as they say, do not put all your eggs in the same basket... put some with your personal insurance plan, some in mutual, and some in stocks...

i guess the only motivating factor that seems to make stocks more attractive (still more risky) is that you can monitor the progress of your investments anytime.  You can see if you're gaining or losing. Its kind of addicting, that every little extra money I have, I send right away to my stock account to buy shares as much as I can.

Truly Rich club is optional,... COL will offer you training, as well as online assistance.  And you have people on this site to help you start up.

Bottomline----- any of these options are way a lot better than putting all your money on a regular savings account, even on a time deposit account.  :D 

-----go, go, smart 2nd generation expats!!  :one

where did you apply for philam? in the phil?  yes, It is not wise to put all your money in the stock market. Many experts advised to put  your extra money on investments. They even said that you cannot get rich on stock market alone. I guess variety is the key. I am so happy to find someone who could talk to me about these things. All of my friends seem to focus on how they will find nursing jobs in Canada, Australia, etc. They have this notion that these investments are for the rich and brainy. I need to fully stacked my emergency fund first before I invest. I've been luxurious for my first two years that is why I am only saving just now, hahahaha..

my"name"is"raffy wrote:

hey yeah! here! here! I will attend seminars/ conference too on my vacation.  :top: Our work here abroad is not that stable. It is better to be prepared

Hi All! I am so blessed to have been mentored by Mr. Ricky So. He was the one who conducted our training and seminar at Philam Asset (a once in a lifetime opportunity!). I believe that was the main reason why I passed the Certified Investment Solicitor exam given by the Securities and Exchange Commission on 2012. You can check his website: http://www.rickysogood.com/

"where did you apply for philam? in the phil?  yes, It is not wise to put all your money in the stock market. Many experts advised to put  your extra money on investments. They even said that you cannot get rich on stock market alone. I guess variety is the key. I am so happy to find someone who could talk to me about these things. All of my friends seem to focus on how they will find nursing jobs in Canada, Australia, etc. They have this notion that these investments are for the rich and brainy. I need to fully stacked my emergency fund first before I invest. I've been luxurious for my first two years that is why I am only saving just now, hahahaha.."

You can check PAMI website: http://www.philamfunds.com.ph/home.html. You can open an account anywhere you are in the world. You can navigate the site to get info about PAMI and their products and learn from their "PAMI University". You can download the application form, fill-out, sign and send it to the nearest PAMI branch if you want to get started! The requirement is only two valid IDs. You can send the money to your family at home and let hem visit the branch for payment so they can get the receipt. Don't forget to mention my name as your Independent Sales Consultant! hehe. We can talk about the rebate! ;)

This goes for Mr. Raffy too!

Message me for further details.

Check this out guys! https://anc.yahoo.com/video/investors-c … 13792.html

Being a seasoned banker esp from Treasury, my advise is:
1. Don't invest in Saudi - as once they put you on Exit, you need to liquidate the investment with could generate a loss on position
2. Don't play with Stocks/Forex if you're unaware of fundamentals that drives them. Reading a few articles doesn't get you experienced knowledge of a trader.
3. Yes, it will be better to invest in your family business back in Philippines, or invest in national bonds (in phils) as they would offer a higher return