Have some questions to ask

Hi Friends,

I am an Indian resident looking forward to move to NewZealand. I am a Senior Software Engineer by profession with 6 years of work experience in .NET and related web technologies.
I want to know about moving to NewZealand and getting a job there. I have classified my queries in some bullet points below. Any help or information will be greatly appreciated.

* How is the Information Technology market in NewZealand, Especially for .NET Developers?
* If I am in NewZealand, With in how many days I can grab the job in NewZealand?
* As I have no one there and I will be absolutely on my own once I come there, hence forth what all things I need to be prepared for?
* How much is the cost of living as I need to know till I get job how much I need to take care of my expenses?
* You can also give me some more insight in what kind of country NZ is, hows the work culture and how much is the presence of Indians there?

Thanks to all of you in Advance,
Laxminarayana

Laxminarayana wrote:

Hi Friends,

I am an Indian resident looking forward to move to NewZealand. I am a Senior Software Engineer by profession with 6 years of work experience in .NET and related web technologies.
I want to know about moving to NewZealand and getting a job there. I have classified my queries in some bullet points below. Any help or information will be greatly appreciated.

* How is the Information Technology market in NewZealand, Especially for .NET Developers?
* If I am in NewZealand, With in how many days I can grab the job in NewZealand?
* As I have no one there and I will be absolutely on my own once I come there, hence forth what all things I need to be prepared for?
* How much is the cost of living as I need to know till I get job how much I need to take care of my expenses?
* You can also give me some more insight in what kind of country NZ is, hows the work culture and how much is the presence of Indians there?

Thanks to all of you in Advance,
Laxminarayana

Welcome to Expat.com.

The IT Market is doing well.
You cannot just arrive in NZ and get a job. There is a visa process you have to go through first, so for visa information and applications www.immigration.govt.nz  This process takes months. Even with a visa it could take a long time for you to get a job.
You will need plenty of money to get by on. 
For cost of living www.numbeo.com 
To find out more about NZ a Google search will give you all the information you want.
There are many Indians in NZ so I suggest you Google search for Indian communities or clubs in NZ

Hi Laxminarayana,

I created a new thread with your post on the New Zealand forum.

Thanks,

Priscilla

Hi Laxminarayan,

Are you in NZ now? I also need some help if you can share me your mail details.

Regards,
Anil Singh.