We're moving to Mayaguez!

Hello all!

Well, we're 100% sure now we're going to move to Mayaguez in September!  My husband and father will be revisiting for a week in June to find a place to live.

1) Could anyone recommend a realtor or know of someone with a furnished house to rent? 3-4 bedrooms, A/C, pool (if possible) and wifi.

2) Anyone interested in meeting up during the June visit?

I know I'm missing something, but I'll be back on the forum soon :)

GRACIAS

No one?  :(

Can you read Spanish? If so, try http://www.clasificadosonline.com/ for your housing search.

I like Mayaguez. My wife is from there. We tried to rent a place there but didn't have the time and settled for somewhere else. Check out an urbanization called "El Maestro". It's after the shopping center at Sam's but before you get into the main part of town. GREAT area. Can't recommend a realtor, but when you find one ask them about that area. It will keep you away from a lot of the constant noise. If you want A/C, I hope you make a lot of money. Electricity is VERY high. Have you been to the Plaza yet? It's a nice place to go to relax. Just understand that it is very crowded there now. I wish you well but I'm glad I don't live there. Best of luck.

PS- Nomad Lawyer is right. clasificadosonline.com is the best place to look for a place to rent or buy. I don't speak Spanish but I was able to figure out how to use it.

As the other bloggers said clasificsdos on line is best to find rentals and it is in Spanish but every once in a while they would asking you wanted it translated.

We found the house we are renting on there  after looking up many houses in different areas. Good luck in your search and if you need any info post on here.

Tonie

Thanks everyone!  We just signed a lease for a house in the gated community of Paraiso de Mayaguez.  If anyone else reading this blog is curious, it has a community pool, fitness room and playground.  My husband went with my father to find, so I've only seen photos.  We're moving around Labor Day.  so excited!!

We just closed on a house in Cabo Rojo.  Other than Clasificado's on line, is there a used furniture store in that area or in Mayaquez?  I am in need of bed frames, tools for gardening,  decorations for my walls, etc.

You can check Craigslist, but generally speaking, ppl ask a lot more for stuff on CL, than on clasificados. There's a salvation army in mayaguez... I know where to find it, but I'd have to get my wife to explain directions, if they aren't online. Personally, I've not been inside, so I don't know if they sell anything more than clothing.

Mac-

You could also try getting a carpenter to make your furniture from scratch. I don't know of any on the west coast who do this but I know a good one in Rio Grande.

There is also an Ikea in Ponce.  We bought stuff there.

Hi there and welcome to Puerto Rico. There is a big Rooms to Go in Mayaguez There is also a Rooms to Go outlet in Aguadilla on rte. 2 where we got a mattress and they have good prices.