Living in Damas

Salam ou aleykoum everyone,

My fiancé and I have decided we want to spend our life together in Damas insha Allah.
So I need all the help I can get to do that.
I don't even know where to start.
We are from Belgium, we will need accomodation and jobs insha Allah.
Can you advice me please???

Ma3a salama,

Yasmina

Hello Yasmine and welcome to Expat.com,
Did you get a chance to check out previous discussions on the forum to gather as much informations as possible? For jobs and accomodation, you should ceck out Syria's Classifieds. At the bottom of that page, you find the various classifications.
Hope this helps.
Arlette

Salam Yasmina,

I am moving back to Syria/Aleppo after more than 13 years in the UK.
Happy to help if I can.

Sarah

Hi Yasmina.

We are a Syrian Danish couple who has a house in the old city of Damascus, which we would like to rent out. Email me for further details and pics :-)

Best regards,
Anne

SarahAleppo wrote:

Salam Yasmina,

I am moving back to Syria/Aleppo after more than 13 years in the UK.
Happy to help if I can.

Sarah

Salam Sarah,

I guess your Syrian then, right? Did you go to the UK to study, work? ;)
Well, up till now I found out getting a job won't be that difficult for me as I know lots of languages hamdoulilah
Still it's good to make some friends so that when I actually get there, I can rely on people to help me out you know :shy
Wanna be friends? :shy

Hi

I am going to Damascus this Thursday... inshallah...if you are interested, I can share some experiences with you...

Salam
Vladimirova

HI Viladimirova. I m expat to Moscow. I need to learn Russian Lang. Hope you can advice me

Hi

I am a teacher of Russian as a foreign language.
Depending on what you need, there are places like Pushkin Institute of Russian Language which is a good one, or there are some others.
Tell me what you need.

Irina

Vladimirova wrote:

Hi

I am going to Damascus this Thursday... inshallah...if you are interested, I can share some experiences with you...

Salam
Vladimirova

Hi Irina,

I would love that! Thank you so much and enjoy your time there insha Allah!

Ma3a salama

hi all im in damascus
i will be happy if i can help anyone
this my email
[email protected]

welcome in damascus

hiii,
how are you?
i am just wondering if you are now in syria,
and if you gey a job or not yet.
i will be glad to help.
Ayham

This is very sad to see now considering all the destruction that's occurring in Syria. I hope you and your wife are safe.  :(

Hi ahmed123batee - Welcomne on board... please note that this thread is dated 2010   :happy:

Syria is apparently getting back to normal. The beach in Latakia is safer than that of RImini and many other places in Europe.

Who has recent information on the Damascus property market. Openness of local government towards property investment etc etc?