Cost of living?

Hello everyone. I would like to know what the cost to live in the cities there. I understand Im asking a general question so please be able to answer in general or median terms.

Example would be the mefian rent fot two br flat in US major cities is 750/mos. That is median so what Im wanting to know is what is the median salary for locals compared to what they pay for expenses such as food per week, rent per month and so on. Im American retired so it goes without saying that Im financially secure. I just need a idea of what i will be asked to pay compared to what locals pay. Presently I live in the Philippines and most expats pay tripple for rent only because they arrive without any idea that the apartments listen on this site are price expanded. Most 2br rentals here go for $100/month...air con and modern bath.

So if anyone has a clue about what the locals pay do share. Im not one to live in overpriced expat areas so sharing this info will be greatly apreciated.

Thank you

The cost of living in Bangladesh varies greatly depending on where you live (city and suburb, the size of apartment, whether you predominately buy local or imported food and other goods, and how often you eat out and where you eat out).

E.g., If you live in a reasonable 3 bedroom apartment in Gulshan or Baridhara which is where most expats live, eat out say once or twice a week at a mid level restaurant, buy 60% local food and 40% imported, and hire a house maid. Your average monthly living costs will be around $2,500 to $3,000 per month. Whereas if you chose to live in say Banani or Uttara, buy very few imported goods, and mostly ate out at local restaurants (beware of the hygiene and adulterated foods), and chose not to have a maid. You could live on about $1,200 per month

Thank you so much Shane. I have been combing through these post and only now Im given a clear view. Thx a lot from all of us here.