Just arrived in dalian 3 days ago...

Hi everyone!

I m from Australia and i m in Dalian for 6 months for work. I literally just arrived and already feel like meeting some expats and just having a beer. My chinese is non existent and its pretty hard to communicate and find my way around at this point.
Can anyone tell me where i can meet expats, which bars to go to and where they are. All i know at this point is that i m close to the city centre and live around DICP.
Any feedback would be great.
Thanks
Tom

Hi Tom and welcome to Expat.com :)
Did you get a chance to have a look at other discussions in the forum? I think other expats are in your case too! You might get in touch with them.
Arlette

You can search in Baidu or Google about your question or just go to some bars to meet expats?

Hi I am in Dalian for 2 years. Actually  not in Dalian but in a small town an hour on the chingue  or by car to Dalian calles Jnshitan. I have been here for about a month and so.. I work at the american school and usually we hang out on fridays or saturdays inKaifaqu which is the dalian developmental  zone 30 minutes from Dalian and 30 minutes from jinshitan. I am pretty bad with chinese though i  have learned a couple of words tobargain, ask prices, take a cab and  take the train.

I  would like to meet people ... shoot me an email  [email protected] if you  would like to meet with me sometime  on the weekend
I know a western place in Dalian called Brooklyn, a Spanish place called Tapas and others that i have cards to get there.

alejandra

hi,

i am staying near dda intel fab68. been driving and cycling to jinshitan quite often..that's painful though.. haha..

hey if you need any help e mail me at [email protected]
i just come down to dalian to vist for 3 weeks, i know english and prety decent chinese.
i have no friends here cept my parents
prety boring at my house
would love you help you out and have a drink with ya!!!!

hi,
I'd like to meet new friend to hang out with, contact me at [email protected]. thanks

Hi Tom,
my name is Filippo, I am Italian and I have also just moved to Dalian.
I also live close by the DICP.
My email address is: [email protected]
Feel free to drop me a line: I am new in town but equipped with China Lonely Planet guide ;-)
Cheers,
Filippo

well the places to visit for night activities are Friends Bar, Bobos bar, Daves bar, among the clubs is Jds and Mango, for good food Indian restaurant Abashi, german restaurant golden Golden hands...for tradicional and non spensive chinese food you can choose among the many restaurants along the hill on the right side od DAWAI dalian university of foreign languages that is right on the hill..very easy to find and a good place to chat with people from many countries that study there...

well if you need to buy anything yoou should go tu the corean market behind the train station, is pretty close to zhongshan square, everything there is much cheaper than in the malls, i mean things for the house and stuff.

if you want to buy groceries there is Tesco, carrefour in the area, but you can also find walmart taking bus 23 to Olimpic square...there is also a Metro taking the bus 408, right next to the metro there is an Ikia (furniture store) and a Decathlon (sport store) very good quality  product for low price...well the places to visit for night activities are Friends Bar, Bobos bar, Daves bar, among the clubs is Jds and Mango, for good food Indian restaurant Abashi, german restaurant golden Golden hands...for tradicional and non spensive chinese food you can choose among the many restaurants along the hill on the right side od DAWAI dalian university of foreign languages that is right on the hill..very easy to find and a good place to chat with people from many countries that study there...good luck this is a really amusing city

good luck this is a really amusing city

[Moderated: Free advertising is not allowed on the forum. Please register to the business directory]