Pool for swim training

Hi all. I am looking for 25/50m pool do start my swim training again - google hasn't been able to help me (gasp) and I'm desperate to start swimming again. And while I am asking, are there any groups that do open water swims or places that I can swim in open water?

Hi

The only 50m pool in Bahrain is the National Team one at Isa Town.  You cannot swim in it unless you are on the team I am afraid.

There is also a lack of 25m pools that the public can use.  The Rugby Club and Brit Club have one but you have to be a member of the club or one of the reciprocal clubs (Dilmun, Yacht Club)

The Sheraton has a 25m pool (5bd per session) http://www.sheratonbahrain.com/en/sheratonfitness

The Ritz Carlton have an open swim group but you have to a member of the sports club I believe (in excess of 1000bd) - check their website.

Thanks guy - this definitely helps a lot!  I can't believe what a ridiculous struggle it has been to find information on this and how unavailable decent training pools are. 

I wasn't so big on joining one of the clubs, but I guess that may be the only option.

Thank you for your help!

The Bahraini's are very protective over their training pool.

Our son trains there and although they are happy with that there are very strict rules about when and who he can train with.

Good luck and maybe we will see you at some of the Aquathlon's etc.  Why don't you contact Bahrain Road Runners as they are now running lots of Triathlons so you may be able to hook up with some of them for open water training?  They are a great bunch and their events are well organised and fun although we are now coming to the end of the season due to the heat.

I did comment on your facebook post on MIB recommending the Rugby Club. I also mentioned that you hadn't stated which part of Bahrain you live in. The Rugby Club membership isn't that expensive for a single person, or maybe you can do sea training somewhere