Anybody out there in Colima Mexico?

Hi I will be retiring the end of November and will be moving to Colima sometime in December. Just wanted to know if there were any expats in Colima. My husband is from there and is currently living with his parnets in Villa De Alvarez. I will be living there until we can find us some land or a place of our own. If there is anybody out there give me a shout.

Thanks,
WaukeenahWonder:)

We have lived in Colima for 27 years.  Our home is in Comala county 12km north of Comala City.

Life is good, rich and healthy.

Let us know if we can be helpful.

Saludos,

Ted & Susan

Hi,

We too live in Colima. Ted and Susan were very instrumental in our moving to Nogueras (just outside of Comala) where we have lived for the past three years. 

There are not a lot of Americans here but enough to have a little social American life.

Good luck on the move and we'll see you in December.

Paul and Jackie

Hi there, glad to see that I won't be the only American woman there. I like to thank both Susan and Ted, and Paul and Jackie for answering me. I am a little scared, but also ready to get the show on the road. November 30th seems like a very long way before I can retire, but there are so many things that I need to do before then. I talked to the Mexican embassy this morning on what I need to do and to get myself ready for my visa there. I will be traveling from Tallahassee, Florida with a trailer in tow to the border where my husband will be meeting me to help wtih all of the car issues and moving issues with the Mexican government. Once we get all settled down hopefully I can meet all you guys. Like I said in my first blog we will be living in Villa de Alvarez at first until we can find us some land to buy to build us a house. We only have one son who will be starting college in Tallhassee in August. So I will be leaving my home here with him, and most all of my things. So my heart is a little broken leaving him here, but my husband can't come back home for something that happen almost twenty years ago. But I look on this as new adventure, as long as I can talk and see my son and my mother back here at home.

Thanks again andd write back to let me know if there are somethings that I might to know. God Bless each of you!

Minnie Lee Verduzco

Hi Minnie,

Thanks for your note.  If there is anything we can do to help - please let us know. 
We look forward to meeting you, don't wait till you are settled.  Eat and drink with us soon - then get settled.
Please give us your real email so i don't have to use this method of communication.
Mine is [email protected] and Susan's is [email protected].  Our web site is ProjectAmigo.org.
Via Bien,
Ted

Dear Minnie,

Come with haste and don't be afraid!!!  We did it and it was a great experience but a little frightening at times!!!

Our e-mail address is:  [email protected]

We hope all goes well,

Jackie and Paul