Assurance maternité a singapour

Bonjour à tous,
Nous allons nous expatrier à Singapour dans quelques mois et ma femme est enceinte de 3 mois. Je me renseigne sur les possibilités d'assurance maladie pour couvrir les frais de maternité et d'accouchement. J'ai trouvé que la CFE propose une formule ou elle rembourse 100% des frais sur la base du coup des opérations en france. Je voudrais savoir si les frais médicaux sont plus élevé a Singapour et si dans ce cas il faut une couverture santé complémentaire?
Merci beaucoup pour votre aide
Ju

Dear Ju,

This is an ENGLISH language forum, so please do not post in any other language!
I used Google translate to decipher your post and found you are asking about maternity insurance in Singapore:
No Singapore health insurer covers maternity and child birth, as it is seen as not a health issue, but private lifestyle choice. All international (Expat) health insurances I know of have a waiting period of 9 - 12 months before maternity is covered, so joining one now will not help (in addition, they are expensive!).
Thus I am afraid you will have to pay for the birth from your own pocket.
This is very common in Singapore.
A simple child birth without complication (at a government hospital) will cost you around S$10000, incl. all examinations during maternity and after birth. Any complications (e.g. Caesarian section) or your choice of a (more expensive) private hospital can increase this dramatically.

Good luck!

Yeah, you'll have trouble getting cover at this stage. Some manage to negotiate cover through international employers who supply insurance coverage to all workers (others try but fail). In any case, it's quite common for these policies to only cover up to a set limit - say $5000. We had coverage and still ended up paying over $10k out of pocket.

That said, you can often still get cover that will kick in if any complications arise after the birth (e.g. if you child needs NICU) so it's worth looking into insurance. I don't have any connection to expat insurance but I've used their services and they've been quite good at looking into the fine print for out of the box situations.

Some expats return home in the second trimester for the birth, or delay their arrival in Singapore til after the birth. I've heard of some who go to Malaysia as well, although that seems logistically complicated to me, especially if it's not a smooth pregnancy/delivery.

The care in Singapore is very good, though.