Mont kiara international school

Moving to KL by July/August this year, have 2 kids. Company will pay the education.
they suggested mont kiara international school. My questions are:

1. MKIS is American Curriclum only? they dont have British system. As my kids are now in British system?
2. MKIS is better or British International school? or if you have recommendations.
3. the company will be in CyberJaya and the accomdation will be in Mont Kiara? is it bad traffic in between?, ideally my dream is to have accomdation/school/office in one district

Thanks
mohsen

Hello, how are you?

1. There are a few British International School for your children if you google.
Perhaps, you may wanna refer to this link below;-
http://www.malaysia-education.com/inter … hools.html

2. This is quite tricky to answer this. Depends on the traffic in Malaysia, from Cyberjaya to MK takes about 30-40mins but I can't guarantee how long it would take when there's a bad traffic jam.

I would suggest the British International School and accommodation at Bukit 9 Condominium. The school has much better financial terms that most others.  The curriculum is based on the English model. You will need to check if there are spaces for your children, as most of the good international schools are already full up.

Traffic to Cyberjaya is OK because you will drive against the rush hour traffic coming into KL area.

How about Nexus?

There is no such thing as perfect education system all thru from nursery to university. You will have to cherry pick the right one that suit your kids ability at different stage of their school life.

Both Mont Kiara and British International School are very famous institutions in KL, either one will be great for your kids. Here's my very personal opinion; For primary level I believe British system is better as it is more structured and it lays a good foundation in literacy and numeracy from young. For secondary school level, I would prefer either American or IB MYP (1st choice), American has more emphasis on extra curricular like team sports and community works, these are fabulous in building EQ and self confidence. IB MYP originates from Europe, it was originally designed for expats children and it is to nurture all rounded person (if implemented correctly), MYP students should be strong in additional languages, inquiry skill, personal research and essay writing, whereas UK GCSE/iGCSE is more academic and exam driven.

Don't worry about the transition from British system to American, it should be fine. The questions you need to ask yourself are how long will you stay in KL and will you return to UK later? You need to think about their education after you leave KL in few years time.

Good luck.

samsam123 wrote:

There is no such thing as perfect education system all thru from nursery to university. You will have to cherry pick the right one that suit your kids ability at different stage of their school life.

Both Mont Kiara and British International School are very famous institutions in KL, either one will be great for your kids. Here's my very personal opinion; For primary level I believe British system is better as it is more structured and it lays a good foundation in literacy and numeracy from young. For secondary school level, I would prefer either American or IB MYP (1st choice), American has more emphasis on extra curricular like team sports and community works, these are fabulous in building EQ and self confidence. IB MYP originates from Europe, it was originally designed for expats children and it is to nurture all rounded person (if implemented correctly), MYP students should be strong in additional languages, inquiry skill, personal research and essay writing, whereas UK GCSE/iGCSE is more academic and exam driven.

Don't worry about the transition from British system to American, it should be fine. The questions you need to ask yourself are how long will you stay in KL and will you return to UK later? You need to think about their education after you leave KL in few years time.

Good luck.

thanks for the complete and very honest answer