New passport in new name, old passport with visa. can you still enter?

Hi, if anybody could answer me I'd be very grateful. I am a resident in Bahrain but since I don't have my country's consulate here, I need to travel to Abu Dhabi to pick up my new passport. The problem is, the passport will be in my new married name. Does anybody know if I can still enter Bahrain on the visa in the old passport, in spite of the different name?
Thank you

You should be able to. Have your marriage certificate, your old passport and all other documents that could potentially support your change of name.

Do you have to collect your passport though? Can't they ship it to Bahrain? Can somebody else on behalf of you collect it and send it to Bahrain?

The reason I am suggesting these is if your work sends your passport to the authorities here in Bahrain, they can transfer your visa to the new passport under a new name.

Also please consult to your company's HR department.

Thanks a lot for your reply.
Unfortunately the consulate doesn't send passports, asked already. Will see if they can suggest other options or I'll just take the risk ;-)
Thanks again

I agree with brightonguy's advise. This is not a problem - have your marriage certificate and old passport with you when you re-enter Bahrain with your new passport.

My wife did the reverse - she went back to using her maiden name - and still did not have any problems re-entering Bahrain with her new passport while her visa was in her old passport with my surname on it.

It is always recommended to fly in to a country with your new passport as it will be logged and stamped as having entered the country. Lots do have passports sent by courier but this is the easiest way for you. Like the guys said, just have your documents etc with you and get your visa transferred asap

Thanks a lot guys, really appreciate it