Job offer in Brussels

Hi! I m Vicky and have a job offer in Brussels. I have double nationality both argentinian and polish so the person who has contacted me told me I would not have any problems with work permit. My question to you is about the cost of living in Brussels a family of three (with one school age child) as they are offering me around 4000 eur per month gross and I am not sure if we can live with that....
Another question I would need help with is schooling options...
Thank you!
Vicky

hi vicky if you have a job offer and the family say that they have no problem in helping you the work permit then make a step forward. besides since you have an argentinian nationality it would very easy for you to get a permit. you will need only a contract of work, and of course they will ask for a flat contract i mean where you live. concerning the school, after getting the permit you will have no worries about you child since here they pay troo much attention to the children you will immediately find a school for you child.

i hope i have helped someway with my message. i wish you good luck and all my best regards. Fatine

4k gross is enough for 3 people if you limit housing to 1k per month.

You do not need a work permit.

You choose school and home based on access to work and budget. Getting a school place depends on age and where you choose to move to.

yeah we live off gross 3K amonth easily

Belgian schools start in September, so you'd better take steps quickly (lots of info online, just goggle it). It is a quite bureucratic systems full of traps, every year the newspapers are full of stories about parents complaining about the system. Apparently is quite tricky to get places for the kids in the better schools (in large cities, this means the ones where street gangs are not predominant).

Be aware that if your kids are not able to join a French or Dutch school, then you will not be able to afford international schools with just 4K gross. You need to negotiate this point with your employer.

True about the Polish passport, you can go from the airport straight to your office without any work permit or any other formality, it works as if you were a Belgian national. The paperwork is just that, paperwork that is done afterwards. Do not wait too much though, you are supposed to contact the relevant administration offices within the first 8-10 days after your arrival.

[moderated: post your job offer in the jobs section please]